SD card help

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by cheska_kagome, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009

SD card help by cheska_kagome at 4:51 AM (616 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. cheska_kagome

Newcomer cheska_kagome Newbie

Aug 9, 2008
    Okay, I want to know if my still has some hope.
    I added a a theme for the DSTT menu. Then, it suddenly crashed. OTL And now, my pc can't detect it. When I plug it in and click it, it asks me if I want to format it, then it says I need to insert a disc. OTL Now, when I place the card in my DSTT it just stops on the loading screen. So, is it fried? ;; If so, I need to start begging my mom. [​IMG]
  2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    Rhode Island
    United States
  3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Sephi: He probably wants to leave Format Size Adjustment OFF. It's only used for hosts that require the format size to be a multiple size of cylinder, which decreases the capacity of the microSD card.

cheska_kagome: It's not fried. Your microSD card is probably corrupt. Follow the steps in the FAQ under "Q: My DSTT used to work, but doesn't work any more. What should I do?". You can probably follow the first set of steps, and if that doesn't work, try the second set of steps.

Note that you want to leave "Format Size Adjustment" OFF in the Panasonic formatter. Occasionally, a microSD card can get into a state where the PC will be unable to detect it at all. If the Panasonic formatter cannot detect your microSD card, you'll need to format it in a camera or cell phone.