Homebrew Question SD Card force to update pass 4.1( halp)

shadowrukia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone help me?
what I should do please with my switch I cant use my SD card unless I update. I am on 4.1 firmware and I want to use SX pro, already have one preordered with 3ds-flashcard.

Should I update to latest firmware ? is what im on right now best? will there be a workaround for this?

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the FAQ posted here, it will work on all firmwares. So you should be able to update now and not have to worry about compatibility.

Sauce

EDIT: @James310 has a better solution tbh. I'd say follow what he says! You can use this program to format to fat32 on your mSD

Last edited by Xoo00o0o0o,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume your sd card is like a 128gb or 64 , those require a update to work but you can simply use a program to format it to fat32 and should work..., Since you already ordered it updating won’t make a difference but I recommend staying as low as possible since a cold boot Exploit is confirmed for 4.2 and below users which is much better than SX Pro since you need a dongle to boot the switch up...

Reactions: shadowrukia

shadowrukia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I assume your sd card is like a 128gb or 64 , those require a update to work but you can simply use a program to format it to fat32 and should work..., Since you already ordered it updating won’t make a difference but I recommend staying as low as possible since a cold boot Exploit is confirmed for 4.2 and below users which is much better than SX Pro since you need a dongle to boot the switch up...
thanks yes i used ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It is not confirmed, but I'm pretty sure this custom OS of theirs will support sdxc. Until that moment, just format SD to fat32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning