Question SD Card force to update pass 4.1( halp)

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by shadowrukia, May 19, 2018.

1. shadowrukia
    OP

shadowrukia Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    Australia
    Can anyone help me?
    what I should do please with my switch I cant use my SD card unless I update. I am on 4.1 firmware and I want to use SX pro, already have one preordered with 3ds-flashcard.

Should I update to latest firmware ? is what im on right now best? will there be a workaround for this?

2. Xoo00o0o0o

Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    Dallas, TX
    According to the FAQ posted here, it will work on all firmwares. So you should be able to update now and not have to worry about compatibility.

Sauce

EDIT: @James310 has a better solution tbh. I'd say follow what he says! You can use this program to format to fat32 on your mSD

Last edited by Xoo00o0o0o, May 19, 2018
  3. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    I assume your sd card is like a 128gb or 64 , those require a update to work but you can simply use a program to format it to fat32 and should work..., Since you already ordered it updating won’t make a difference but I recommend staying as low as possible since a cold boot Exploit is confirmed for 4.2 and below users which is much better than SX Pro since you need a dongle to boot the switch up...

shadowrukia likes this.
  4. shadowrukia
    OP

shadowrukia Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    Australia
    thanks yes i used ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    It is not confirmed, but I'm pretty sure this custom OS of theirs will support sdxc. Until that moment, just format SD to fat32

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted