Hacking Question SD card damaged

_Sjakie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After upgrading to CFW 10.0.4 with the latest Atmosphere, the Switch give a message "sd card damaged"
I think it is a software issue as it wasn't damaged before I upgraded.

Several games cannot be played anymore as it mentions the damaged card at reboot and when trying to start certain games.

The card was formatted exfat and I made a backup of the card before the upgrade.
I formatted the card with fat32 and restored all content to the card.

Unfortunately the message didn't go away.
I did install the latest sigpatches a week ago.

Is there anything I can do to make the card work properly again ?

Last edited by _Sjakie,

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I don't
Not familiar with that.
Would it help ?
If you were using it there would be different things to check.

In this case try a full format (not a quick format), if that doesn't work then run Windows disk repair as follows;

Right-click the SD card in Windows and select properties. On the "Tools" tab there is a section named "error checking", hit the "Check" button there and follow the prompts.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive had issues with my card going to shit, used tegraexplorer.bin to format and partition , not sure if ts the card or the switch

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After upgrading to CFW 10.0.4 with the latest Atmosphere, the Switch give a message "sd card damaged"
I think it is a software issue as it wasn't damaged before I upgraded.

Several games cannot be played anymore as it mentions the damaged card at reboot and when trying to start certain games.

The card was formatted exfat and I made a backup of the card before the upgrade.
I formatted the card with fat32 and restored all content to the card.

Unfortunately the message didn't go away.
I did install the latest sigpatches a week ago.

Is there anything I can do to make the card work properly again ?
Does it say something like "SD card content is corrupted" and asks you to redownload the game from eShop?
I've noticed that if you try to launch a game without sig patches installed and that error appears, it doesn't go away until you reinstall the game, even after you install sig patches.

Reactions: _Sjakie

_Sjakie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my card going to sh
Does it say something like "SD card content is corrupted" and asks you to redownload the game from eShop?
I've noticed that if you try to launch a game without sig patches installed and that error appears, it doesn't go away until you reinstall the game, even after you install sig patches.

I am afraid I haven't got all my games (NSP's) anymore, I didn't try Edizon before, but this app should be able to backup all save games, has anyone got experience with that ?

So if I would completely start over again with a formatted sd card, install the games and restore the save games, I should be back in business again, is that right ?

Last edited by _Sjakie,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am afraid I haven't got all my games (NSP's) anymore, I didn't try Edizon before, but this app should be able to backup all save games, has anyone got experience with that ?

So if I would completely start over again with a formatted sd card, install the games and restore the save games, I should be back in business again, is that right ?
I haven't tried save backup with Edizon, only Checkpoint (which works fine)
But the save games are stored in NAND (or emuNAND) so you can safely delete files from the SD without affecting your saves.
You don't need to start over though. Just re-download the few games that don't work, uninstall and reinstall.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my experience, you don't need to reinstall. You can just make it check for corrupted data, and it should start working after that with sigpatches. Don't press the redownload button though, otherwise it'll archive it.

_Sjakie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It didn”t work for me. Certain games don”t run anymore. If there is no fix, I”d be happy to reinstall these games.

I have no experience with backup and restore of save games with EdiZon, if that works fine, I can recover everything as it was before. Does that work fine?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Last edited by _Sjakie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn”t work for me. Certain games don”t run anymore. If there is no fix, I”d be happy to reinstall these games.

I have no experience with backup and restore of save games with EdiZon, if that works fine, I can recover everything as it was before. Does that work fine?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
As was mentioned several times, save data has nothing to do with the games being installed or not. You don't need to back them up or restore them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U