sd card and emunand backups (clarification needed please)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RenegadeKid, Dec 31, 2014.

1. RenegadeKid
    OP

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Hello everyone,

Since the cubic ninja user mode exploit was patched on 9.3 and 9.4, yesterday I made a backup of my sd card and the emunand 9.2 to install it in another sd card in order to be still able to use ninjax on this firmware, and to update my emunand to 9.4 with my original sd card.

So my question is, is that pretty much all I need to do so or did I miss other steps ?

Thank you.

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Always test your backups. :)

RenegadeKid likes this.
  3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    It sounds right to me. It's a really simple process, there's not really something you can mess up.

1. Interface your SD card with your computer. 2. Open emuNANDtool and select backup/export/save emuNAND (I can't remember the wording used offhand. But there's only two options, import and export.)

That's it.

To restore and use your 9.2 backup you put the gateway loader on your new SD card, load up the gateway menu and select setup emuNAND. Then you Once again I nterface your SD card with your computer, then use emuNANDtool to import the 9.2 backup.

RenegadeKid and ck33370 like this.
  4. RenegadeKid
    OP

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Thank you guys !