SD Card and AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by weedian, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012

SD Card and AKAIO by weedian at 10:02 PM (514 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. weedian
    OP

Newcomer weedian Member

Japan
    Just a quick one. Running AKAIO 1.8.9 on Acekard 2i on 3DS

I think my Micro SD might be damaged (getting the odd game freeze, esp 0936 & 1220) and maybe I need to buy a new one.

If I buy a new card (or reformat the existing one just to experiment) can I simply copy back across a back up of the card? Or will I need to re-flash with a DS phat/lite first?

If flashing is required I might have to wait until the kid next door gets back from holidays!

Thanks in advance!

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Just reformat and put everything back in. Make sure you use the panasonic sd formatter and not the built-in one.

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You do not have to flash the AK2i after getting a new microSD.
    That is because when you flash it, it updates the firmware on the flashcard itself.

I would suggest simply formatting the new microSD (once you get it) with Panasonic Formatter, then just copy/paste the stuff onto it.

Also, before buying another one, I would suggest backing up your card to your hard drive, format the card with Panasonic Formatter, then put stuff back on it.
    If that fixes the problem, then you won't need to buy a new one.

Also, the Acekard is known for it contact issues. You should try the paper trick (Place a piece of paper on the back of the card when inserting it into Slot-1) and see if it resolves the freezing problems.

4. weedian
    OP

Newcomer weedian Member

Japan
    So, that's it then? No need to do the re-flash dance? That simple, huh?

5. weedian
    OP

Newcomer weedian Member

Japan
    Well, before trying the new card, I decided to not give up on the old one first. After transferring save files back to the PC, I reformatted with the Panasonic formatter.

Then, I copied back the applications that were working without error to date. Following that, I copied across new versions of the applications which didn't work before (in other words, I didn't use the back ups).

Finally, I checked the various applications and they all worked without error.

So, given the fact that the same files (re-installed, so to speak) now work without error on the same card the problem was to do with data corruption on the Micro SD? What do you think?

I had originally used the Panasonic format utility but I didn't set it for a "deep" format in the settings. Hope my experience can help anyone out there with similar problems.