ScummVMDS v13.1 BETA 2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Apr 13, 2009.

Apr 13, 2009

ScummVMDS v13.1 BETA 2 by Another World at 7:42 AM (1,620 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] ScummVMDS v13.1 BETA 2
    Update
    [​IMG]

AgentQ has released a bug fix for ScummVMDS v13.1. This version is slated to be the next stable build. If you encounter any bugs, please report them to the source thread, linked below. Please see the change log for more information.

Supported Games

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Cema

Newcomer Cema Member

United States
    Can we expect to ever get Grim Fandango?

3. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    laughed my ass off.

Grim Fandango doesn't even use the SCUMM engine.

4. Cema

Newcomer Cema Member

United States
    Glad you found this funny. This is my first time downloading this, and a quick Ctrl+F search yielded no 'Grim Fandango' in the supported games.

Was it a Sierra AGI game, or made later and not compatible?

5. QazzaQY2K

Member QazzaQY2K GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Hmm.. missing the last Build that supports The Dig & Full Throttle!! Works Great! some slow downs .. but works really good!

6. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the "j' build is a seperate project and not yet included in with the package. it's missing by design.

@cema: the imuse sound engine is integrated into scummvmds, but last i checked the grime (visuals) engine is not. there is also the 640x480 aspect ratio to consider, which is an issue with 'escape from monkey island' (another grime game). looking at the system requirements for the game, it would require some serious hacking to get it running if and when grime was supported. i think perhaps this is a question to ask when dsi features are hacked and scummvmds is ported over to use the 16mb of ram and the faster clocked cpu.

agentq recently said that he will probably not be porting more games to the slot2 ram solution, because it requires too much work. it appears that all of the efforts that went into the dig and full throttle made for playable games but not enjoyable experiences. there is much stuttering, long load times, crashing, etc.

-another world