Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Just wondering how everyone else's is? I tried mine in my 3DS for the first time the other day and it really doesn't fit well. I guess it wasn't too bad going in but when getting it out I was a little afraid of causing the slot damage. It's kinda weird because it fits perfectly in my DS lite so i'm a little confused.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine doesn't seem to fit well too...It is difficult to eject the DS2 out from the 3DS. Inserting the DS2 requires a little force..i am kinda worried that it may damage the Pins.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just my hunch, but I think if there's a real issue here it's more one of alignment than strictly the thickness of the cart. I've noticed that when inserting a retail cart, there's a very definite mid-insertion notch that makes sure the cartridge is properly aligned before it is fully inserted. With the Supercard, due to a combination of the cart's thickness plus the extra width at the top of the 3DS slot (to accommodate the tab on 3DS carts), the cartridge has a lot of side-to-side wiggle room, and the mid-insertion notch is less noticeable and holds the cart less securely. Because of these issues, it looks like its possible to jam the flash cart down into the bottom of the slot without being correctly aligned. The same potential for damaging the pins may exist while pulling the flash cart out as well. (?)

Until I have reason to believe otherwise, I think the SDS2 is safe so long as you're very careful to keep the cart going in the slot at exactly a perpindicular angle, and take care to feel for the mid-insertion point before gently clicking it down into the fully inserted position. And of course, exercise the same level of care when pulling it out.

(Note: this is just my opinion. I could be wrong. You could do your best to follow this advice and still screw up, and it won't be my fault.)

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
The Supercard DSTwo fits perfectly with the DS and DS Lite but when Nintendo came up with the DSi it looks like they used a slightly smaller Slot-1 (probably by less than a millimetre) which they have used again (with some modifications) in the 3DS.
I've had my SCDS2 for nearly a year and it hasn't damaged my DSi so I doubt it will do anything to the 3DS either.
However if you are worried the issue can be eased slightly by taking the back cover off the SCDS2 and filing down some of the flash (excess plastic) on the inside of the back of the case (where it touches the SDHC card slot and also where the case touches the large chip on the back of the SCDS2). This is very minor case surgery which will in no way damage the card (as you're not actually doing anything to the card itself) but I appreciate many people will be frightened by this however it does allow the card to slide in and out a little more easily.

pmk010

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really worried cause I just bought a DSTwo for my 3DS and I don't want to ruin my 3DS
mellow.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought the SC dstwo had protection against damaging the pins
unsure.gif
. Anyways, its not supposed to fit like your standard Cart. It's got the onboard CPU chip, wich makes the card a lot thicker, thus making it a little bit too thick.. Im using it on DSL, it seems to have trouble ejecting, due to the thickness of the cart. I haven't noticed any damage at all, and im using it quite a while now.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
The Supercard DSTwo fits perfectly with the DS and DS Lite but when Nintendo came up with the DSi it looks like they used a slightly smaller Slot-1 (probably by less than a millimetre) which they have used again (with some modifications) in the 3DS.
I've had my SCDS2 for nearly a year and it hasn't damaged my DSi so I doubt it will do anything to the 3DS either.
that's garbage, i've gotten a launch DSTwo and a LEDS2, and both of them are too big for my DSL (retails work perfectly of course)

that's one of the problems with the dstwo just in general, it's so thick because of the extra stuff it's packing, however with every DS i've tried it will fit in and come back out, it just requires more work (especially when ejecting it)

also, my DSTwos haven't permanently damaged any DS slots i've tried them in, however they have made it looser for retail cartridges

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2