Hacking Scrubbing ISO files

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to compress some of my backups on my computer by using WiiScrubber to get rid of garbage data, and then compress them using Winrar. I have done this process to several games and I know that the end result can vary with respect to compressed size. But is it common to have a game only compress to 3.3GB after scrubbing and compressing? Is there a better compression program that I should use?

Thanks in advance.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
spritefreak said:
I am trying to compress some of my backups on my computer by using WiiScrubber to get rid of garbage data, and then compress them using Winrar. I have done this process to several games and I know that the end result can vary with respect to compressed size. But is it common to have a game only compress to 3.3GB after scrubbing and compressing? Is there a better compression program that I should use?

Thanks in advance.
Yes it is common. You can find a list of some scrubbed games and their sizes in the Wiki.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Did you put the file inside a folder before you compressed?

Yes...I put the file in a folder, and then compressed the folder with the ISO inside. Does that affect the compression of the actual ISO?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no it doesnt affect actual compression. as said earlier some games have alot of junk data to fill the dvd (pushes the data towards the edge of the disc were it can be read faster) others have none or almost none, thus causing dramatic differences in compressed scrubbed iso sizes, for example i've seen compressed iso's that are 400 megs, others that are 3.3 gigs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker