Hacking Scrubbed ISOs, should I use or not use them?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone had any luck with scrubbed ISOs on the V0.3 Beta of Wiigator's loader. Right now I have complete 1:1 versions that I'm using with the loader but I have a crappy Clearwire connection (My lame ISP) and my download times are like FOREVER
frown.gif
I noticed that scrubbed ISO's are a lot smaller making them faster to download. Will they work the same way in the loader?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, scene releases are not scrubbed ever? or is it just not required and some do others don't? Also, jw wat are some of the smallest scrubbed games you guys have?

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
So, scene releases are not scrubbed ever? or is it just not required and some do others don't? Also, jw wat are some of the smallest scrubbed games you guys have?
Depens on the game. Some can get really small.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
I have a crappy Clearwire connection (My lame ISP)?

Slightly off topic , but the lads have answered you above anyway, Clearwire i have heard , throttle torrent connections so that they are always really slow - many have given out about it.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
LightyKD said:
I have a crappy Clearwire connection (My lame ISP)?

Slightly off topic , but the lads have answered you above anyway, Clearwire i have heard , throttle torrent connections so that they are always really slow - many have given out about it.
This is with my isp also (virgin).

Nyutan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically all Scrubbed games are.. Is replacing the padding in the rar file with something to tell it to re-pad on extract, Am I right? So Scrubbed and NonScrubbed are the same except download file size.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Scrubbed games are games with 'blank parts' of the disc filled with 00 or FF instead of random crap. It makes them well-compressable using winrar or so.

There is no difference as far as loaders are concerned.

You might notice a diffrence (well... in not being able to boot the game) on higher firmwares via disc channel (using a modchip). GeckoOS should work then, but I'm not sure.

And yes, the game itself should be able to detect if its scrubbed or not. But no game make use of it so far.

Kyosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thing being scrubbed is unpartitioned space, sure, in theory you could check if it's a bunch of 0's or not, but I doubt nintendo would bother

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a copy of Wii Music yesterday that was not scrubbed but Rared pretty damn well. The rar was roughly 416mb but the expanded file was 4.37gb and the game plays like a charm. I wish more people would either do a rar job like that or scrubb the game real good. I'm barely making a decent download with this copy of "Obscure the Aftermath" the other two torrents arren't even working at all
frown.gif
Let's petition for more scrubbed or better rared ISO's

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo finds it necesarry to make their images a full 4.5 (4.1) GB even though the games may be much, much smaller (Wii Chess lol).
They do this by putting alot of garbage data in the ISOS to take up place, so it becomes exactly 4.5 (4.1) GB.
Scrubbed images are simply those same images, except with the garbage data replaced by easily compressed data.
So yeah, scrubbed games basically means the garbage that came with the game was replaced, the game itself is not changed at all. And thus, there SHOULD not be ANY difference between a scrubbed or an original garbage game being played.

I and everyone i know have yet to experience any, so yeah, I highly doubt any problems you have with a scrubbed game are BECAUSE they were scrubbed, keep in mind the compatibility of the loader is not perfect and neither is the loader itself.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im almost done getting my scrubbed copy of Sim City... My new question is, "Is there a program that I need to run the scrubbed ISO through before burning it or do I just burn it, as is?"

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is in an archive and thank you for your info! I'll just burn it. It won't be as fun as Civilization (Damn you Civilization for not coming to Wii
frown.gif
) But hopefully it will come close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1