Screwed up by updating Luma maybe?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mavsynchroid, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys. Had my 3ds set up perfectly, but since Dragon quest VIII wasn't working, i read fooling around with Luma somehow fixed it. Anyway, I went to Luma and updated it, but now when I turn on my 3ds, none of my games are there and neither is the CFW. I think it boots to... SysNAND instead of EmuNAND?.. I confuse the two.. But it boots to the one that doesn't have CFW.. How do I fix this?.. I saw that it DID ask me before I rebooted after updating if I wanted to boot automatically to Sysnand or hold down R to boot to it, but I chose neither because I thought Sysnand was the Non-CFW.

2. wg93589

wg93589 A Mario Kart modder

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    Sysnand has CFW. Also try holding select on boot to enter Luma's Settings.

3. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Heh I just figured out the select thing right when you msged me. So I DO want to autoboot to Sysnand, right?

4. wg93589

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    If you want to use EMUnand then you don't want to autoboot to sysnand.

5. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Phew... Thank you. Gave me a start when I thought I lost everything. Now I just need to figure out why dragon quest is giving me an error. Maybe because it's I got the european version? Thought my 3ds was set up to be region free though

6. wg93589

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    what error is it giving?

7. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    It's ok I figured it out! For some reason the European version wouldn't save the extra data to the SD card. Just got the USA verison instead and it works fine.

8. wg93589

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    Good, Glad I could help.