Screen Scratching Prevention Question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Adrian5, May 13, 2011.

May 13, 2011
  1. Adrian5
    OP

Newcomer Adrian5 Newbie

Canada
    Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if the crystal case for the 3DS stops the screen scratching problem? Or do I have to buy a screen protector as well?

I was thinking of buying the crystal case and the screen protector for the top screen (I don't like using the see through scratch resistant wraps because they look like shit after a while).

What is the best thing you can buy for the 3DS to protect it from scratching itself?

Thanks!

2. Briadark

Member Briadark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    A screen protector.

I bought it at day one 25th may and yeah the problem was don't know so i have the scratches

3. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A screen protector would be the best solution, IMO.
    Meanwhile, you can use some fabric or clothing piece to put between the screens when you're not using it.

4. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    All of the above. Just keep that factory sheet inbetween the 3DS even after putting in the screen protector. I still do it lol That's the reason Nintendo puts that sheet in.

5. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want to get a screen protector I would go with hori I had a hori on my original ds for a couple years, it didn't degrade the visual quality much at all after 2 years of being on. I got the newly redesigned hori for the 3ds and it is sooooooooooo much easier to put on and less chance of dust that is floating in your room to get caught on the screen while putting it on.