Hacking Screen protectors worth it?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
All your talk are bullshit.

Buy screen protectors by Hori or DRAGON (www.sbdragon.com)

I love DRAGON protectors. I abuse my touscreen and I dont see any scratch. I let some small children play my DSi and I can see the games CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Experiment with lots of filters. Dont go for generic ones, go for branded ones like DRAGON or HORI. American branded filters are BULLSHIT. I can name some.

There are 3 names I trusted - HORI, DRAGON and a japanese one I cant read

If you will not protect you device, DONT EVER COMPAIN HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS because YOU ARE NOT INVESTING ON PROTECTIONS

Im an experienced Touchscreen user and I know these kinds of things

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend. I have had a DS Lite, DSi, and now a DSi XL. All of these have had a screen protector since day 1. Think of the handheld as an investment. Also I have seen used DS units that did not have screen protectors. It was not pretty.

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I'd rather get this stylus instead of a screen protector. It doesn't scratch, and it's easy to see.

I love My battle stylus pro. It never seems to scratch my screen. I think screen protectors look crappy, but will admit I've never used a hori one either....

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grr, I already have a hair-shaped scratch on my screen. But it's not a big deal, as it's off to the top-right-corner and is invisible when the DS is on. I don't know where I got it from though. I never put my stylus in that corner.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Grr, I already have a hair-shaped scratch on my screen. But it's not a big deal, as it's off to the top-right-corner and is invisible when the DS is on. I don't know where I got it from though. I never put my stylus in that corner.

I have that problem too! The first week I got it, I didn't use the stylus at all and there was a scratch on the screen that seemed to appear out of nowhere!

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a set of bigben screen protectors now, annoying thing is theres a bit of dust under it, the quality of the protector itself seems good, I still got enough sensitivity. They cannot be stuck back on when you take them off though, or so it says.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a Hori for my XL, I'd have it say this one fits better than the one for my DSL. Got it at a Fry's B&M. $8.

Works great!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't they sell Hori accessories in Canada?
frown.gif

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
A Screen protector is like a condom. Sure without on everything is more sensitive and great. But when something unexpected happens, you're going to regret not using one in the first place.

Also Plastic Stylus on Plastic screen makes for easy scratches. Not to mention some people get defective styluses that have a tiny bump at the tip, and it will act like a glass cutter. 2 times it happened to me and it cut a deep gash into my protector, I was glad that incident didn't happen on the screen itself. People take the DS screen for granted. You can drop the DS down a flight of stair and it will still work, but the force of gravity is nothing compared to the total amount of time your hand is pushing a piece of plastic against a softer piece of plastic.

I kept a screen protector on my DS for 3 years and despite it being used almost every day, the screen still looked as good as it did at day 1.

I would highly recommend anyone who buys a brand new DS also purchase and apply a screen protector even before they turn it on.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Njrg said:
A Screen protector is like a condom. Sure without on everything is more sensitive and great. But when something unexpected happens, you're going to regret not using one in the first place.

Also Plastic Stylus on Plastic screen makes for easy scratches. Not to mention some people get defective styluses that have a tiny bump at the tip, and it will act like a glass cutter. 2 times it happened to me and it cut a deep gash into my protector, I was glad that incident didn't happen on the screen itself. People take the DS screen for granted. You can drop the DS down a flight of stair and it will still work, but the force of gravity is nothing compared to the total amount of time your hand is pushing a piece of plastic against a softer piece of plastic.

I kept a screen protector on my DS for 3 years and despite it being used almost every day, the screen still looked as good as it did at day 1.

I would highly recommend anyone who buys a brand new DS also purchase and apply a screen protector even before they turn it on.

Your comment and few previous posts are what I like. Im glad you are joining my side and USE SCREEN PROTECTORS.

If you have the time, kindly PM me the name of your screen protectors. Dont PM me if you use DRAGON or Hori as I already know them. It would help me on my research as I test ever single filters for the DS.

For other people, if you can hold on the HORI ones for US$9.00 or the DRAGON (www.sbdragon.com) which are like the same price as fake Hori but I assure you they're the BEST alternative to Hori quality. I used them and I abused my DSs and there's no need to change filters when you use DRAGON made (www.sbdragon.com)

You can buy DRAGON filters (www.sbdragon.com) in ToysRUs in Trinoma for Php 150 (Manila, Philippines only). It's the same price as fake Hori but DRAGON has strict quality standard and everything you read in the packaging are true UNLIKE those fakes like the R4 clones

eponie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my dsi 2 weeks ago. I haven't finished one fourth of zelda: phantom hourglass and the bottom screen already have a tiny scratch. I should have waited till my screen protectors arrived
cry.gif
But the set I got from ebay is a fake Hori. Within three days there are scratches all over the surface as if I've tortured it for 3 years. My heart bleeds whenever I have to rub the stylus to get rid of mob...... Now I am thinking of getting another set. Anyone knows where can I get the real "Dragon" screen protector in US? www.sbdragon.com does not seem to sale stuffs.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
biggrin.gif
Just got screen protectors, and said mysterious scratches are appearing on that too.
They're the Power-A brand for DSi XL (which are just slightly smaller than the DSi XL screens).

...And I failed at putting on the top screen, so it looks kinda ugly.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been able to get those things applied correctly. It's either fingerprints/smudges on the glue, tiny dust flakes that refuse to come off or air bubbles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff