Screen init A9LH (noob question)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by moglimullet, Jun 15, 2016.

1. moglimullet
    OP

moglimullet Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Brazil
    Hey, guys, I have a noob question again: I'm following the guide to A9LH and I'm not sure which one is better: screeninit or noscreeninit. Part of this is because I don't really understand what those things are. I've found some info here, but, honestly, I'm even more confused. The thing is that I already have a 3DS with A9LH but it's the first one. The first version didn't give me the no screen/screen option. It has only one file with the payloads.

So, can you help this kinda not so clever dude? I'm following the guide, so I'll use Luma.

Thank you!

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    I personally use screen init because I like to use various tools with a9lh without chain loading them with Luma. If you're just going to use Luma go for the non screen init because Luma initializes it. If you feel like doing more on your 3ds with a9lh just go for the screen init. There's not really a big difference in time...

stl25 likes this.
  3. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    What IS screen-init anyway?

4. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Screen init just initializes the screen as a9lh boots (luma doesn't need it because it payload (arm9 payload) already has screen init built in)
    That's where the flash at boot time comes with screen init

5. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
  6. moglimullet
    OP

moglimullet Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Brazil
    First of all, thank you, man, you're great. So, it's an interface to interact with A9LH? If I got that right, I don't really need it, because I'll only use the Luma anyways

7. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    OK so just use no screen init then

moglimullet likes this.