Hacking Screen burn in?

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm going through the 3ds.guide and I'm at the point of having dycrypt9WIP installed.
Is it safe to power off the console at this point? because 2.1.0 ctrtransfer is taking forever to download and I don't want to burn my N3dsXL screen sitting here at the dycrypt9WIP menu.
Thanks, been out of the scene awhile.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you are on version 9.2. In that case, yes it is completely safe. However when you get to 2.1. Be vary careful and do not put your 3ds in sleep mode

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, It's a brand new 3dsxl running 11.2.0-35U. I have the lid taped open with duct tape so I can't close it.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ya right, safehax...
As long as you are on 11.2, you have nothing to worry about. The reason why it is such a HUGE deal to be careful and 1.) not close your lid and 2.) do not update, is becasue of the 2.1 firmware itself. The N3ds 2.1 firmware is not official, it is a modified O3ds firmware. This is why if you update it, it will update to a O3ds firmware rather than a N3ds one. The closing lid thing i can't really explain but i'm pretty sure it has to do with the modified 2.1 firmware.
Long story short, you should be completely fine to shut it down. When you get to 2.1 however, go sanic fast and finish the guide.
Good luck

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I have yet to hear anything about screen burn in. If it makes you feel any better, I left my 3ds installing CIA's and forgot about it. it idled on a still for a whole day and it's fine.

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to hear anything about screen burn in. If it makes you feel any better, I left my 3ds installing CIA's and forgot about it. it idled on a still for a whole day and it's fine.

Yeah same here. I used to let my 3DS download games at night unplugged it from any chargers so once it was done it would automatically shut off.

Reactions: Red9419

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave my 3DS opened all the time. Burn-in was a problem with plasma screen tvs, and 3DS are TN or IPS panel. I woudn;t worry.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Screen burn-in is exclusively reserved for displays used in airports and other applications that demand the same image being display for years on end.

My Sony Bravia TV has been used as my primary display for my PC since 2010, almost 7 years later it doesn't even have the start menu button or taskbar burnt into it yet.

Your 3DS screens will be fine during CTR transfer...

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Screen burn-in is exclusively reserved for displays used in airports and other applications that demand the same image being display for years on end.

My Sony Bravia TV has been used as my primary display for my PC since 2010, almost 7 years later it doesn't even have the start menu button or taskbar burnt into it yet.

Your 3DS screens will be fine during CTR transfer...

I have the same monitor for 10 years. Also no burn-ins.
It's been through 3 different operating systems, but still.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I have the same monitor for 10 years. Also no burn-ins.
It's been through 3 different operating systems, but still.

Exactly, LCD screen burn-in on modern displays that are used within the manufacturers specifications is a myth.

I can't say the same about plasma displays though.... My girlfriend at the time had to watch all her TV through the ghosted HUD from Need for speed underground 2 :ph34r:

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh ya right, safehax...
As long as you are on 11.2, you have nothing to worry about. The reason why it is such a HUGE deal to be careful and 1.) not close your lid and 2.) do not update, is becasue of the 2.1 firmware itself. The N3ds 2.1 firmware is not official, it is a modified O3ds firmware. This is why if you update it, it will update to a O3ds firmware rather than a N3ds one. The closing lid thing i can't really explain but i'm pretty sure it has to do with the modified 2.1 firmware.
Long story short, you should be completely fine to shut it down. When you get to 2.1 however, go sanic fast and finish the guide.
Good luck
the fw is not modified, its the actual o3ds 2.1 fw, anyways it seems that the n3ds handles the sleep mode in a different way, what causes -reason unknown- an MCU Brick, and since there is no way public avaible to recover the MCU the brick is unrecoverable as the guide says, also under fw 9.2 don´t use any led apps that will also brick the MCU

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fw is not modified, its the actual o3ds 2.1 fw, anyways it seems that the n3ds handles the sleep mode in a different way, what causes -reason unknown- an MCU Brick, and since there is no way public avaible to recover the MCU the brick is unrecoverable as the guide says, also under fw 9.2 don´t use any led apps that will also brick the MCU
oh, i allways thought it was modified to work. thanks for the correction.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1