Hardware Scratches

serenade.63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new vita has acquired a fairly large scratch on the screen and it's pretty annoying, does anyone know of a good scratch remover?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
i believe its guerrilla glass on ps vita?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=guerrilla+glass+scratch+filler&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

as most scratch removers are fairly rubbish, simply eat off top layer of plastic(cds dvds etc.) instead of actually filling the scratches and repairing the surface.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abrasive toothpaste apparently works well too.

I'd honestly just ignore the scratches though. Most of my devices have scratched screens and the scratches aren't noticeable once you have a small backlight on.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think i'd use abrasive toothpaste on a screen...i think that it's supposed to be used to fix disc scratches because of the way the laser is reflected.

As for the Vita....get one of these. That should not only hide the scratch but offer excellent protection for the future. I cover everything i have in those kits (well my DS and PSP's!)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think i'd use abrasive toothpaste on a screen...i think that it's supposed to be used to fix disc scratches because of the way the laser is reflected.

Oh, my bad, that's where I read about it. I had a scratched game and tried toothpaste. It didn't work but that's probably because, upon further inspection, the game looked like it got into a bar fight with a sander and lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm