leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A scone doesn't have online play, perfect DS compatibility, or even sleep mode! But they sure are cheap with a side of summer berry preserves and a cup of steaming hot lager... and I don't like the fact that their actel chip pops up like a sore thumb. a relatively sore thumb.

don't ask which country I'm from. no, it's not thailand.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
A scone doesn't have online play, perfect DS compatibility, or even sleep mode! But they sure are cheap with a side of summer berry preserves and a cup of steaming hot lager... and I don't like the fact that their actel chip pops up like a sore thumb. a relatively sore thumb.

It has online play, perfect DS compatibility and sleep mode(since its based on moonshell). The IC barely comes out on V1 SCDS. It may have been fixed on V2 SCDS's

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

every flashcarts allows online playing, every slot1 flashcart has sleep mode. Almost every slot1 has 100% ds compat(supercard does). Almost every fanboy claims stupids things and tryes to show that his flashcart is the best even if he doesn't believe it

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The SCds One also has to set speed for some games to make them work properly.

what a load of crap..
wacko.gif

speed setting issues are apparent on scds1 but only when using an incompatable memory card, yes the scds1 is definately fussy on mem cards, but get a japan made one and let it run at full speed 100% of the time

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SCds One also has to set speed for some games to make them work properly.

what a load of crap..
wacko.gif

speed setting issues are apparent on scds1 but only when using an incompatable memory card, yes the scds1 is definately fussy on mem cards, but get a japan made one and let it run at full speed 100% of the time

And kingston cards are the cheapest I've got available on local shops just for about 10€ for 1gb and about 20€ for 2gb
laugh.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awww i thought it was scones vs R4, i was all happy thinking it was yummy sweet biscuits!!
their so nice with cranberries baked into them, or even nuts, or both!

anyhow i've never owned a sc one, but i do like R4 for its ease of use and decently frequent updates.
just get a nice TF card and i say their both great, mmm maybe i'll bake me some scones now, think i had some cranberries, and walnuts, yum

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway R4 is definitely the best card at the moment, if all you want to do is play DS roms. (Homebrew or backups of your games.Â
wink.gif
)

I wouldn't say that. It definitely doesn't offer anything that no other cart doesn't already have.

Although I'm not saying it's a bad cart either. Because I like mine very much, it does exactly what it's suppose to do, and I've never had a problem with mine. But there's just too many R4 fanboys that claim it's the best cart out there, without owning any other carts to really compare to.

It really doesn't matter which one you get. Both are going to do what you want them to do. The SCDS does have a couple features that the R4 doesn't have(or any other cart for that matter). But if you don't really care about an in-game guide, and in-game cheat menu, then doesn't matter which one you go with. Both carts are great.

QUOTE(thaigrocer @ Aug 15 2007, 12:13 AM)A scone doesn't have online play, perfect DS compatibility, or even sleep mode!

I'm sorry...but you're not very bright.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe couldn't resist feeding some trolls...after all the R4 and SC one fanboys were invited.
shy.gif

I still love my old EZ4lite, and although I never really play gameboy games on it, I can argue that it's the best cart 'cos none of the slot 1 carts can play gameboy.

Anyway the point I was going to make was that how many times is someone going to ask "which is best cart?".

Go do some research(ie read the posts and reviews) and buy whichever one suits you.
yaynds.gif

Heck even the DSX has got flashing leds, if that's what make you happy!
wacko.gif

I personally think that the R4 is an awesome cart...but I got 3 spares just in case the spring goes.
unsure.gif

Anyway R4 wins on votes, so why not hold a poll ?
nyanya.gif

grog.gif

drtofu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the reason I posted this was one I didn't see a r4 v scone and the past topics were generally old. Like right now I'm going to say both cards are sorta even dl play compatibility etc. If i posted this before there would be tons of posts going R4 HAS DL PLAY IT OWNS! and thats all I would see. Now that the playing fields are even we look more deeply into the carts like cheat systems how they look etc and overall how it is like if somethings hard to use etc. So I think while there shouldnt be a bizillion posts on whats the best I feel there should be one every once in a while so we can compare the new added features and what not.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
first off id like to say ive borrowed a R4 to play with while waiting for my scDSone to come so i guess im a supercarDSone owner and supporter now.

i think the main problem with this feud i guess? between these 2 flashcarts is the bad rap that the dsone got when it was released. i think th R4 got off to a smoother start and from there its ratings have simply shot through the roof. the issue is that most people dont know that the scdsone has made big steps and is up to par and maybe even a bit ahead compared to the R4.

i think that the reviews section of gbatemp could possibly need some rework to update the information on the development of these 2 flashcarts in order for topics for new buyers in: "R4 OR DS ONE" threads to not get bombarded by either side of the flashcart fanboy groups =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill