Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Great. Your app looks very good (i dont understand deutsh, but i like the ui
smile.gif
). With legal wad this can be very good.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
We have finish the sciifii2. We are in beta (aka, sciifii works very well, but we are looking for some hidden bugs
biggrin.gif
).

We can hope to a release this week end or next week.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sorry, but in my opinion, this is exactly what the community don't need. "Press One Button and the Wii is hacked". Great for noobs, yes. But if they have a simple question (because something doesn't work, etc...), where will they ask? Right, here at GBATemp. I don't think this App will decrease the Noob-Flood, it will only start a new, bigger flood of noobs. My opinion will always be that hacking involves research, and not simply: "Press a Button and done". But yeah, this is only my opinion, and you don't have to listen to me.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Perhaps you're right.

But following a guide is exactly the same isn't it? Our prog just do what some guides says....
We are also doing some verifications...

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there wasn't all the noobs here at gbatemp to flood the gates, there would be 6 or 7 devs and about 30 dev fanny kissers.
smile.gif

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
wii hacking manually is nice. but if you have something got to do like poking the insides of ps3, jtag'ing xbox 360 and nand programming, installing a modchip on a ps2. installing GENd3 on psp. Teamwiigen's application comes very handy. that's why i want them to make some extra configurations for us advanced users. arasium, and when sciifii releases better make a good tutorial for the noobs so that no one floods.

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
85% saving as IOS55v5149.wad
Exception -1
Erro retrieving response lengt
Press A to Reboot the wii and relaunch sciifii.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
If there wasn't all the noobs here at gbatemp to flood the gates, there would be 6 or 7 devs and about 30 dev fanny kissers.
smile.gif

And us mods. Don't forget us!

Or were we included in the "noob" category?
unsure.gif

PS i've been digging seeing the development of this thang. However the noob point is valid, i'm psyched for a one click method (soon a few friends want some work done, and i'd like a quick fix
wink.gif
)

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
ChokeD said:
smile.gif

And us mods. Don't forget us!

Or were we included in the "noob" category?
unsure.gif

PS i've been digging seeing the development of this thang. However the noob point is valid, i'm psyched for a one click method (soon a few friends want some work done, and i'd like a quick fix
wink.gif
)
laugh.gif
O.K. O.K. I didn't forget about ya, I guess you'd be categorized under admin and admin fanny kissers.
wtf.gif
rofl.gif
I'm just saying, it just frustrates me when someone brings an app to GBAtemp and puts his/her nuts out there for everyone to fondle or step on and everyone chooses to step on'em. I guess what I'm trying to say is, some people, I understand, got their reason for not wanting noobs here and some people want noobs here, some people want it to be easy for them, some don't, some devs like noob friendly programs, some don't, there are a lot of people that want, want, want, and a lot of people that give, give, give. This is a big community, some have different opinions on what would help/hurt noobs or others.
lecture.gif

I guess we all just have to take the good with the bad.
blush.gif

Have a nice day

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont really like the idea of something like this. just think of the stereotypical noob post where they say..

"My wii stopped working. I dont know how it was hacked. I dont know what IOSes are in it. In fact, I dont know anything about this other than it is wii, i used to play pirated games on it, but i did something to fuck it up. now it doesnt play burned games."

This type of program is just asking to take that to the next level. You are designing something that will attract the most idiotic of noobs. You need to account for every little thing they could do to fuck something up.

1 - if you have a wad installer that batch installs wads, are you going to make sure that every wad is legit before starting to install the first one?
2 - there will inevitably some noobs out there who think they know what they are doing and create a shitty guide for other, stupider noobs containing this program. What happens when they give out your program with a collection of wads that will brick a wii ? will your app be smart enough to not install those wads?
3 - if you are using NUS to allow people to install stuff, what happens if somebody tries to install a system menu and then its IOS but their internet connection cuts out after the system menu is there but before the IOS is there?

maybe you should have the app create a log of what all it has done. since these people are blindly letting your program do whatever it wants to the wii and trusting that it will work, it should at least make a log for them when its done. that way when they come on here asking for help about how to recover their bricked wii, they can just post a log of what all they let some stranger put on their wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo