United States
Sonicslasher said:
School started for me a month ago.
wtf.gif
blink.gif
wacko.gif
unsure.gif
cry.gif

wow. did ur skool end a month earlier or do u only get 1 month of break?!
dayyyumm...lol

well mine starts after labor day: September 2...T.T
summer felt short, and feels shorter every year after that.
But ive got only 2 more years left and i get to graduate and leave.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
In Australia school happens for 10 week periods each separated by 2 week holidays then a 6 week holiday at Christmas. Im in the middle of term 3 right now with my school certificate getting closer.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Urza said:
I was actually expelled from school twice for computer-related incidents.

Do tell.
I was a trouble student throughout elementary school. The culmination of this being at 6th grade, when I created a screen saver that said "The bomb will explode in:", with a 10 minutes countdown timer, and put it on all the computers in the computer lab. Luckily this was a few months before Columbine, saving my ass from being grass, and after a two month "emergency expulsion" I was allowed to come back on the condition that I would have a school-hired "assistant" following me the rest of my time there. While it was quite annoying at times, we actually became quite chummy during those few months.

The second time occurred my Freshman year of high school, and I was in the mickey mouse Programming I. Quite a boring class, I decided to see if the Messenger service was blocked, thinking of the lulz that could ensue. To my surprise it wasn't (although looking back at how shit the tech department is it really wasn't), so I wrote a quick script that would recursively net send everyone in the class. Never did find out what the mistake was, but instead of calling a net send for every system in the room, the entire district was hit. 4500 packets go out, crashing the poorly maintained district server, and broadcasting my physical location in the title bar. Not 40 seconds later there are three admins who happened to be on-site at the time looming above me. Another "emergency expulsion", but I managed to talk my way back three weeks later, spending the rest of that year and the next banned from touching the school's hardware. The server was down for two hours.

Message was "oh snap".

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
I was a trouble student throughout elementary school. The culmination of this being at 6th grade, when I created a screen saver that said "The bomb will explode in:", with a 10 minutes countdown timer, and put it on all the computers in the computer lab. Luckily this was a few months before Columbine, saving my ass from being grass...

I was also expelled in '98 during my senior year of high school for waving a very realistic looking BB gun pistol out of a car window while wearing a ski mask. We weren't really on school property but a teacher was in the car behind us. I didn't recognize who he was when he took the gun from me at the next stop light but the next day in my music theory class I found out that he was the school band director.

I ended up at expulsion school for the rest of the semester which was way better than real school. My friend (who got expelled along with me) and I both went and only had to attend class until 11:30, we would spend the rest of the day smoking pot and going to the mall.

I got off pretty easy since the whole Columbine incident wasn't due until April (I got expelled in the first week of school!) so there wasn't much pressure to deal with that kind of stuff yet. It could have been a lot worse, another friend of mine got expelled for a whole year for kicking another classmate down a flight of stairs and strangling him with a belt (he didn't kill him...).

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im supposed to start Monday , but i don't know if i passed last year because i didn't got the letter from my old school ... and the the last day to cancel this year and being refund is Monday ... great....

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh high school....

I have a son heading for first day of high school as well as his having been on WoW like most of the day, most of the week for most of the summer.

I am NOT looking forward to his realizing the cruel truth.

No computer (read that as WoW) before school.
No computer before homework after school.
No computer past 12 midnight with the exception of friday or sat night.

His guild better look for a new healer.

Or put another way, about a 90% drop in WoW gaming by Sept and a radical new level of school experience.

Christ, I'd almost prefer finding him fucking a girl in his room.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Ahh high school....

I have a son heading for first day of high school as well as his having been on WoW like most of the day, most of the week for most of the summer.

Or put another way, about a 90% drop in WoW gaming by Sept and a radical new level of school experience.

XD You are a bad parent XD j/k Never did like WoW, someone kept killing me and I was only lvl2 while it was lvl3,
frown.gif
My 10 day trial finishsed, not worth it.
Monday, August 25...
unsure.gif
I kind of want to go back because I havn't seen some of my friends, even though, two of them live down the street. But my Supercard is coming that day, I think. So I won't be able to play it during the summer. I don't school not to come. XD

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
Ahh high school....

XD You are a bad parent XD j/k Never did like WoW, someone kept killing me and I was only lvl2 while it was lvl3,
frown.gif
Monday, August 25...
unsure.gif
I kind of want to go back because I havn't seen some of my friends, even though, two of them live down the street. But my Supercard is coming that day, I think. So I won't be able to play it during the summer. I don't school not to come. XD

I completely disagree. It's a disciplinary action that parents must do if you want to have a good kid. That's how I was when I was in primary. It all ended when I grew taller than my mum (just noticed)... During summertime, we play DDR every morning as it was like the Wii Fit back then and in the afternoon I play PS1 games like Crash, Tombi, King of Fighters, etc. I also play my GameBoy Color.

My mum wouldn't let my play video games until I finish all of my homework. I am allowed to while I wait for the school bus.

Now back to the topic, college starts on 8th September for me.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
Alex said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
Ahh high school....

frown.gif
Monday, August 25...
unsure.gif

I completely disagree. It's a disciplinary action that parents must do if you want to have a good kid. That's how I was when I was in primary. It all ended when I grew taller than my mum (just noticed)... During summertime, we play DDR every morning as it was like the Wii Fit back then and in the afternoon I play PS1 games like Crash, Tombi, King of Fighters, etc. I also play my GameBoy Color.

My mum wouldn't let my play video games until I finish all of my homework. I am allowed to while I wait for the school bus.

Now back to the topic, college starts on 8th September for me.

One week from now, its school.
frown.gif

Well, read what I bolded, I was kidding around about the last line. And didn't you see the j/k
tongue.gif

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Mewgia said:
Urza said:
I was actually expelled from school twice for computer-related incidents.

Do tell.
I was a trouble student throughout elementary school. The culmination of this being at 6th grade, when I created a screen saver that said "The bomb will explode in:", with a 10 minutes countdown timer, and put it on all the computers in the computer lab. Luckily this was a few months before Columbine, saving my ass from being grass, and after a two month "emergency expulsion" I was allowed to come back on the condition that I would have a school-hired "assistant" following me the rest of my time there. While it was quite annoying at times, we actually became quite chummy during those few months.

The second time occurred my Freshman year of high school, and I was in the mickey mouse Programming I. Quite a boring class, I decided to see if the Messenger service was blocked, thinking of the lulz that could ensue. To my surprise it wasn't (although looking back at how shit the tech department is it really wasn't), so I wrote a quick script that would recursively net send everyone in the class. Never did find out what the mistake was, but instead of calling a net send for every system in the room, the entire district was hit. 4500 packets go out, crashing the poorly maintained district server, and broadcasting my physical location in the title bar. Not 40 seconds later there are three admins who happened to be on-site at the time looming above me. Another "emergency expulsion", but I managed to talk my way back three weeks later, spending the rest of that year and the next banned from touching the school's hardware. The server was down for two hours.

Message was "oh snap".

I think I might do something like that but I'll ghost my location and send a message full of vulgar and crash my schools server

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night