OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
scds2%20(2).JPG
scds2%20(3).JPG
scds2%20(4).JPG
so at this point i was thinking "great job supercard, you got me to pay twice for the same card :/"

bu then... dun dun dun!
scds2%20(1).JPG

there we are, mystery solved, not the same hardware, just mostly the same
tongue.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Saddamsdevil said:
so those lil HOLES hold them together?
which holes are you refering to?

the sticker hold the pcb in place, the case itself is held by a lone screw on the right of the cart
(although, there are also those little plastic tabs and co-responding holes similar to what the ttds has)

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
(although, there are also those little plastic tabs and co-responding holes similar to what the ttds has)
Yeah.. those holes
tongue.gif

No wonder they feel weak when popping it out of the box for some people
tongue.gif

looks good other than that though.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa. Really brave of you to open up your brand new $40 cart (and your old one too
smile.gif
)
If I'd never seen or heard of either of those carts before, and you asked me to choose which one I thought had better processing power judging by these shots, I would definitely choose the iPlayer.

I'm always been under the impression (or misconception) that more/bigger black chips = more processing power, and the iPlayer is basically completely covered with black-chippy things. I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but perhaps AVI playback doesn't currently work on the DSTWO because it has weaker hardware than the iPlayer. It's only the SC team whose word we have to go on regarding the CPU power of the DSTWO, and they simply claim that it is "faster" than the iPlayer without any numerical evidence.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
coattails said:
Whoa. Really brave of you to open up your brand new $40 cart (and your old one too
smile.gif
)
If I'd never seen or heard of either of those carts before, and you asked me to choose which one I thought had better processing power judging by these shots, I would definitely choose the iPlayer.

I'm always been under the impression (or misconception) that more/bigger black chips = more processing power, and the iPlayer is basically completely covered with black-chippy things. I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but perhaps AVI playback doesn't currently work on the DSTWO because it has weaker hardware than the iPlayer. It's only the SC team whose word we have to go on regarding the CPU power of the DSTWO, and they simply claim that it is "faster" than the iPlayer without any numerical evidence.

Intel Atom
http://www.epyon.be/blog/wp-content/2008/0...el_atom_cpu.jpg

Intel Pentium 2
http://www.pacificgeek.com/productimages/x...3PY350512PE.jpg

Seriously, they could have planted a computer processor on that thing, it would just not be supported (likely) or very cheap
tongue.gif

bou707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if the iplayer is more powerful than the sc2, but i think that the sc team said that the sc2 is more powerful though

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Saddamsdevil said:
coattails said:
smile.gif
)

Intel Atom
http://www.epyon.be/blog/wp-content/2008/0...el_atom_cpu.jpg

Intel Pentium 2
http://www.pacificgeek.com/productimages/x...3PY350512PE.jpg

Seriously, they could have planted a computer processor on that thing, it would just not be supported (likely) or very cheap
tongue.gif

the DS2 isn't exactly cheap as it is... but then again, copying and improving existing hardware is their forté

QUOTE(bou707 @ May 20 2010, 11:50 AM)
i wonder if the iplayer is more powerful than the sc2, but i think that the sc team said that the sc2 is more powerful though
the supercard team have lied in the past

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F