Hacking SCDS2 to be released soon

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We'll see what kind of a card this ends up to be. If it actually works as promised without any glitches, I might even buy it with the DSi XL
biggrin.gif

//Qtis

theplasmastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I hope you won't mind answering some simple questions. (or you could just post some more pics XD)

Is the sd slot spring loaded?
Is the sd slot side loaded or top loaded?
Is the card held together with plastic tabs, glue, screws, etc?
Are there teeth holding to PCB?
Is the sticker glossy?
Why does it look like there's 3 letters on the O on the sticker (dstwO) in the picture you gave us?

Is the manual in Chinese and broken English?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, promises and promises, to use others GBA emulator that doesnt even work correctly yet?? I was waiting for this to be released then reviewed hoping for the review to be great so I could buy a DSi XL...

Lets see, main reasons most users would or had buy it, GBA and Snes emulation, but for what if it will not work perfectly, at least the GBA emulation.... Things dont look too good now...

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
#5661 said:
impizkit said:
dacore270 said:
Thanks Shaun for the pics. Has the name changed to DSTWOi?

What made you think it changed to DSTWOi? I dont see an (i) in the picture.
Check the official site.

To those rambling on about the GBA emulator, the great thing about emulators is that, like most things, they can be updated.
Just because it's the same emulator, it doesn't mean that it isn't a different/updated version.
Flame it after the review, not before.

Very well put. I just cant wait for the review.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The emulator source code has to be available to be updated otherwise it is going to be like the slot2 supercard miniSD, outdated emulators bundled with a flashcart. What makes it worse in a way is that nobody can write homebrew that can take advantage of the built in cpu and ram on the flashcart.

No ability to access such available hardware, no real evolution in the way things are done.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
The emulator source code has to be available to be updated otherwise it is going to be like the slot2 supercard miniSD, outdated emulators bundled with a flashcart. What makes it worse in a way is that nobody can write homebrew that can take advantage of the built in cpu and ram on the flashcart.

No ability to access such available hardware, no real evolution in the way things are done.
What makes you think Supercard Team doesn't have the source code?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
9th_Sage said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

What makes you think Supercard Team doesn't have the source code?
Available as in the fact that anyone could view/modify the source themselves.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
if you guys notice it doesnt look even bulgy like the iplayer is, it looks very flat, so if im correct on saying this a nice build on the cart (GUI?)
"GUI" is "Graphical User Interface", it refers to how nice the OS on the card looks and feels and how asy it is to use.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
#5661 said:
Anyway, from that pic, I think the DS2's design looks pretty sweet in all honesty.
I think so too. I just want to know if there are teeth over the PCB contacts or if it is open like most carts these days. Further pics will reveal this for sure.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
#5661 said:
I heard that open was better for cleaning... but I guess teeth provide more protection from scratches and the like. Doesn't matter if it is open, anyways... I take care of my stuff =)
I do to, I just only have carts with teeth (CycloDS and DSTT) and would prefer to have the same with this cart, but it doesnt really matter.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
impizkit said:
nycsam786 said:
I was excited to see the email that was sent, hopefully they can get the FW working on it shortly.
What email?

Those that ordered from Shoptemp where e-mailled saying that shaun had recieved his test card but is unable to review it properly yet due to the FW not being finished
smile.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
impizkit said:
nycsam786 said:
I was excited to see the email that was sent, hopefully they can get the FW working on it shortly.
What email?

Those that ordered from Shoptemp where e-mailled saying that shaun had recieved his test card but is unable to review it properly yet due to the FW not being finished
smile.gif
Maybe I should check my email then. My bad.

Wallydraigle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GWEndlessDuel said:
shaunj66 said:
SNES emulation doesn't appear to be ready yet. Media playback appears to be done through Moonshell which is also not running right now. GBA emulation uses Darkchen's GBA emulator which performs the same as on the iPlayer but with a much nicer GUI.

*flush*

Well...there goes my interest in it, at least getting one on "launch" anyway.

Yep, same here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill