SCDS2, remember DS Rom folder?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Sicklyboy, Apr 20, 2011.

Apr 20, 2011
  1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Completely new to Supercards... moving up from an iTouchDS, this Supercard DSTWO is like "holy crap!" to me. I absolutely love it, and for the most part have learned pretty quickly the ins and outs of it.

But one thing remains to bother me, After launching "DS" (the DS game launcher" in iMenu, it always brings me to the root of my card. Is there a way for it to automatically open into my "NDS Games" folder?

Somewhat related, is there anyway to make jEnesisDS auto-load into a folder as well? Likewise for DsMaster Plus? (or is there a better/comparable SMS emu that does so? Even pushing my luck more... no DSTWO specific emus have been made for either system yet, have they? I don't see anything in the plugins wiki, so I am assuming that would be a negative.)

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Have you tried running a game from the NDS Games folder while using the regular DSTWO menu and then trying it with iMenu (because I don't remember what happened when I did that...oh so long ago)?

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    AFAIK you can't, but you can launch NDS ROMs from iMenu if you put dsgame in the note line on your .ini file

it's not really that hard to just do a few clicks to get into that folder is it?

4. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    No, it isn't hard to do a few clicks, but more of a preference. I have 14 folders sitting in the root of my card, and when I launch the DS Game launcher, I would just like it to open to a specific folder rather than having to wade through all 14 of them (did just trim it down from 16.) Regardless, if it can't be done, then it can't be done; maybe Supercard team will add that functionality in some day.

Edit - found out that EOS will still load when the _ds2plug, _dstwo, _iMenu, _ds2Video folders are hidden. Now I just gotta find out what other programs will auto-load into a hidden folder.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Hm. Mine does...

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    So does mine.
    It has been annoying a few times, too.

7. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    Well then that is annoying to me that it doesn't!

Looked around one of the settings files, was a rememberlastfolder (or something of the like) option set to 1. changed to 0, would always re-open the root when I return to menu from a ds game. Back to 1, would re-open the games folder only when I exit to menu from a ds game.

Now I need to see if it works without iMenu...

Edit - Booting straight EOS, it does remember it. I wonder if booting to EOS from iMenu will make it work... and I could check out BAGPLUG too, but I like iMenu...

Edit 2 - So no, no matter how I get to DS_GAME (iMenu -> DS_GAME or iMenu -> EOS -> DS_GAME) it doesn't remember the folder if iMenu starts first.

Edit 3 - looks like all the problems are originating from lastrun.ini. I took the one generated after running a rom from EOS -> DS_GAME and replaced the one generated by iMenu with it. iMenu overwrote it, so I replaced it again and changed it to read-only. That makes iMenu hang when it boots.

Edit 4 - Okay, last edit for this. Installed BAGPlug along side iMenu (iMenu is default boot). Rather than booting to DS_GAME for ds games, I changed the shortcut to launch BAGPlug, which DOES remember the last folder I was in. Now I just want to skin BAGPlug to the same as iMenu (I can figure that out). I am about to get off for the night, but I have one last question for now - exiting a ds game with the ingame SCDS2 menu loads me back to DS_GAME even though I booted the game with BAGPlug. Is there a way to get it to load back to BAGPlug instead? Gonna poke around some files and see if I can't find anything.

8. Terminator02

United States
    to your last question no, it always loads back to ds_game
    and you can't skin bagplug to look like iMenu, it just doesn't work like that

i'm gonna ask spinal to look into this, maybe he'll fix it in a later release

9. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    Figured as much.

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't clear in what I meant. I didn't mean make it look like iMenu, I was actually planning on just changing the background of bagplug so it had the same one as iMenu.

10. Terminator02

United States
    i don't know much about bagplug but you can find all of the iMenu images in /_iMenu/_images/gui

11. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I figured it out. Just made the background black for each iMenu and bagplug. They match pretty well now, I just need to edit the text color for bagplug so you can actually see it, then add covers.

So, not exactly the solution I was looking for, but a damn decent workaround. Thanks for the help guys, and also thanks for not jumping down my throat for using the thread to think aloud to myself. [​IMG]

12. Terminator02

United States
    it's fine, you basically did bug reporting, and it will hopefully be fixed later