Hacking SCDS2 KILLS BATTERY FAST!

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: M3 user, I do not own a supercard...

Could the inconsistancy in battery life have to do with differences in the SD cards you are using?

Given the same DS hardware, the same flash cart hardware, and the same settings, pretty much the only two places where variance can be inserted is the battery and the memory. Battery degradation has been well covered in the thread, but the SD card has been ignored.

I'd imagine that a 32G class 10 microsdhc would burn more juice then a 2G class 2 microsd.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well. I own a DSi XL and a DSTWO with 2GB microSD cards. I am not sure if I am right but I have noticed battery drainage. My XL is just 4 weeks old so it is brand new all around so no my battery is not dying but I would like to agree with the fact that DSTWO drains battery more quickly than other flashcarts. I used to have all kinds of flashcarts and mostly all of the best ones but now I only have DSTWO. I decided I should go with one flashcart and stick with it so I sold the rest. Anyways I play at home mostly and I want to be entertained so I go at a brightness of 5 and the volume at max. This drains the battery by itself no doubt about that but when I use the DSTWO I notice a faster drainage. When I use in-game features it drains the power more quickly when I am playing games and let alone when I am in the menu picking a game to play that itself drains the battery. I have not come to notice this as a problem but I was just stating it to prove a point. The DSTWO does drain more than other flashcarts but that is a good thing for me because the more features the better.

P.S. When I play on brightness below 5 and no volume or with minimal volume the battery lasts for the whole day practically so I was just stating the fact if you played at max. It is a given fact but I just said what I noticed.

midnightshinigam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.y-gallery.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you also have your internet on as well? I noticed that helps when conserving battery life.

I have a DSi (which I bought over the summer) and a DSTWO. With my brightness on 3, my internet off and with my volume on max, I get over four hours. I don't have it on constantly though.

It does sound like your battery is dying though. Can you get one through Nintendo if you're worried about authenticity?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bloodred said:
I dunno I do have the WIFI on all the time with brightness on 3 but not max volume

Turn your DSi's wifi off when not in use.

That's one thing I noticed. When I got my DSi XL, it had it on... the DS would die fast. Turned it off, battery life drastically increased.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSlite literally lasted for like a month with on and off playing (I put like 4 hours into pokemon white alone)

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow all you people and your amazing battery lifes, I get roughly an hour at max. Light turns red after about half an hour when using my DSTWO. Though my DS has six years of use behind it so I'm not surprised(Original silver DSPhat ftw).

The DSTWO definitely eats up a lot of battery life. Honestly all my DSTWO has done since i got it was cause me problems. I still like it more than my R4 revolution though.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jasonese said:
Wow all you people and your amazing battery lifes, I get roughly an hour at max. Light turns red after about half an hour when using my DSTWO. Though my DS has six years of use behind it so I'm not surprised(Original silver DSPhat ftw).

The DSTWO definitely eats up a lot of battery life. Honestly all my DSTWO has done since i got it was cause me problems. I still like it more than my R4 revolution though.

I've got the same model and had it since '06.

I get about 5-6hrs on it still. The fact that the screen isn't as bright as lites lets em last longer.

No clue how much battery the DS2 will eat, but I always have it charging anyway.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got both an AK2i and a SCDS2, and yeah i get lower battery life as well on the SCDS2 but i really love both card, they work great. So once i get a DSi XL ill use it at home with the SCDS2 and ill keep the AK2i in my DSi for travel and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...