Hardware Scanlines on progressive mode...

Yuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While playing Zelda Skyward I'm getting noticeable scanlines on some points. It is like the game only outputs 240 lines of image interleaved, even on progressive mode... Is it normal?

It happens on Zelda Twilight Princess too and a little on Prince of Persia: forgotten sands. It really destroy the image sometimes...

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your Wii is set to 480p? I know there's a glitch with the resolution being set it 480p but actually outputting 480i when switching around cables at times. Try changing it to 480i and then back to 480p.

Yuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it is. Scanlines are only noticeable on some environments, like when link is riding the bird on sky.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using the simple composite cable and I can see the interlaced image artefacts. It's not scanlines as seen on emulators, it's more like the interlaced images, like odd lines are shifted some pixels from even lines.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using the simple composite cable and I can see the interlaced image artefacts. It's not scanlines as seen on emulators, it's more like the interlaced images, like odd lines are shifted some pixels from even lines.
Yea, I have this too actually.

With both compesite and component. (SD and HDTV)

The sky's in TP have these lines.
And in SS the wiiremote on screen has it and all other short of stuff.

Yuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yea, I have this too actually.

With both compesite and component. (SD and HDTV)

The sky's in TP have these lines.
And in SS the wiiremote on screen has it and all other short of stuff.

Exactly. Maybe they rendered the sky with 240 lines? Most parts on ground don't show this issue here, just the sky and some cinematics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome