Scanlines on progressive mode...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Yuan, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Yuan
    OP

Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 1, 2007
    Brazil
    While playing Zelda Skyward I'm getting noticeable scanlines on some points. It is like the game only outputs 240 lines of image interleaved, even on progressive mode... Is it normal?

It happens on Zelda Twilight Princess too and a little on Prince of Persia: forgotten sands. It really destroy the image sometimes...

2. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

May 22, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in the middle
    Are you sure your Wii is set to 480p? I know there's a glitch with the resolution being set it 480p but actually outputting 480i when switching around cables at times. Try changing it to 480i and then back to 480p.

3. Yuan
    OP

Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 1, 2007
    Brazil
    Yes, it is. Scanlines are only noticeable on some environments, like when link is riding the bird on sky.

4. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

May 22, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in the middle
    Strange. I've been playing the game for a few days now and have never seen any scanlines. Neither in TP.

5. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    I have no scanlines with either compos(h)it or component. I got NTSC version of both TP and SS.

6. Spidey_BR

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Brazil
    I'm using the simple composite cable and I can see the interlaced image artefacts. It's not scanlines as seen on emulators, it's more like the interlaced images, like odd lines are shifted some pixels from even lines.

7. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Yea, I have this too actually.

With both compesite and component. (SD and HDTV)

The sky's in TP have these lines.
    And in SS the wiiremote on screen has it and all other short of stuff.

8. Yuan
    OP

Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 1, 2007
    Brazil
    Exactly. Maybe they rendered the sky with 240 lines? Most parts on ground don't show this issue here, just the sky and some cinematics.