ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I am hoping that someone might know what I am doing wrong or if my SC SDHC is actually faulty.

I received my SC SDHC yesterday, along with a 4GB SDHC Toshiba (OEM) card and immediatly downloaded and installed OS 3.0 on to it. The card is formatted FAT32 with 32K.

After editing the global.ini file in order to make the menus appear on touchscreen I turn on the DS and everything loaded up as per all my other SCDS1s that I have had.

I did the Auto Dectect on the speed of the card and it said that it would run at 25.

With everything ready I then tried to load up my first game and I got a window appear saying Loading! Please Wait. So I did, for about 2 minutes and nothing happened.

I then tried a different game and the same thing happened and then again and again and again. Every game has the same issue.

So I thought that it might be caused by the speed setting, so I have tried every setting from 1x - 5x and all speeds from 32 to 1 and nothing happens. The Please Wait box either appears and does not load the game or as soon as I touch the filename the DS just hangs.

Am I doing something wrong or do you think my SC SDHC is faulty?

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@rhyguy - Unfortunately I don't have another memory card, but my supplier is sending me a new SC SDHC and card tonight so I can test again tomorrow.

@sidneyyoung - I downloaded the software from the SC website and from GBAtemp, both times making sure that it was the SDHC version. Also I downlaoded OS 2 SP5 from my suppliers website and this does the same.

I have also tried a known working game on the card, that is used by my supplier to test cards and that crashes as well.

At a complete loss for the moment, I think that it is a faulty SC card, but will know for sure when I get the replacement tomorrow.

Thanks for your help so far and if anyone else can think of something that I might be doing wrong or can advise any settings I should use (like SD Speed etc) that would be great.

xaznwi3rd0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Format it to FAT16. I had this problem and it immediately fixed it. Be sure to take everything out before formating it!
You must use a program to format it. Check it my other topic "Two New Videos By Me". Sidneyyoung posted links to download this program.

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@DanTheManMS - OK, Just tried the L+R on boot up and I get an error message about the psram. From what I have seen in other topics that pretty much means that the SC SDHC is faulty, or does it?

@xaznwi3rd0 - I have been following your posts about the 4GB card and the SC SDHC since you first posted and have watched all the videos. There was no mention of the problem that I am having, your posts seemed to be more concentrated on the issue of SD Speed and the Castlevania video being jerky (but FAT 16 helped). Have I missed something in your posts?

Once again thanks for the help.

Will post to let you know what happens when I get the new SC SDHC today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1