Hacking Savreceiver 0.1b

roxas69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm having a problem with it too. I use R4 for my DS and I followed the instructions but this is what is says on my ds

Connecting to server...
Error!
Sending EEPROM contents........................................................................
................................................................................

and its taking a long time is it supposed to be like this?
cud someone run thru the entire process of doing this> do u have to save nethin wit the savreciver orrr what i need a simple explanation of this thing.. i just want my r4 pokemon on pokemon battle revolution...=(

please jsut give me a step by step process of what i need to do in order to put my r4 sav file onto my legit pokemon diamond game please!! thats all im asking for..

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
hey starcom, I did what you asked me to do but it still didnt work. ...
Well, I don't have DS-X to try if it works or not, I just know that Savsender send Raw files and the 256 KB file that you get is the same as you will get if you convert R4 one using the Shuny online converter. But I will try to work soon with someone that have it.

is there homebrew for this but where the PC sends saves and the DS recives? that would put this on the edge!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Yes, Savsender can do that... In future version, I project to add a send features in Savreceiver.

QUOTE(roxas69 @ Jul 2 2007, 07:40 AM)
please jsut give me a step by step process of what i need to do in order to put my r4 sav file onto my legit pokemon diamond game please!! thats all im asking for
I don't understand what you want to do...
Do you want to send your file from your PC to your original game card ? As I've said before, this feature is not yet implemented in SavReceiver then you need to use the Brett method to extract your file and send it. (I must remember to implement the Raw format in the next version).

roxas69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok well im playing pokemon diamond on my r4 card and i got the new pokemon game for wii and when u send your pokemon to the wii version the r4 game wont recognize properly, i want to be able to acsess my pokemon from my r4 game on my wii. ive been looking around and i have seen ppl who have used savsender to do this. i want to put my r4 sav file on the original game card becasue that is the only one the wii will recognize. i belive it is possible but i just dont know how to do it. i hope u can help me! =)

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
You need to convert your save file to the size displayed by savsender (because the actual version of savreceiver doesn't allow to save the file in Raw format - It will be corrected in the next version) then send it to your original game card using a network tool.

Read this forum to know how to do.

I hope it will help you
biggrin.gif

roxas69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive been to that forum before but im noot sure exactly what to do..i odno if i have a hombrew device capacle of DLDI or watever..im trying my best, if i knew what i was doing it wouldnt be so bad i realli need help =(

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
hey starcom, I did what you asked me to do but it still didnt work. ...
Well, I don't have DS-X to try if it works or not, I just know that Savsender send Raw files and the 256 KB file that you get is the same as you will get if you convert R4 one using the Shuny online converter. But I will try to work soon with someone that have it.

Starcom, mon convertisseur ne fait pas encore le RAW donc je pense pas qu'il soit compatible avec ton outil
smile.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/Comments_on_savsender

There is a new tool available called SavSender Server, made by AirHead3.0 at gmail.com. It works in both directions
wink.gif

It basically allows you to receive saves, send them for restoration, and also has built-in functions for trimming saves, and paddingtruncating them to 256KB or 512KB. ...

Hurry Up Starcom
wink.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on scdev.org, too:

I first want to say, thanks for the guide. I'd probably still be wondering where to start otherwise.

But, I'm having trouble. I've downloaded savsender, patched it for DLDI (for my R4), created the savsender.conf in [root]\DATA\SETTINGS with the correct IP (obtained from ipconfig), and the port (which has been set up in my router, and tested with http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=portnumber). I've also downloaded netcat (and extracted nc.exe to C:\), typed the exact command line, and let it run (allowing it to run through windows firewall). As for the router, SSID broadcasting is on, and I'm using DHCP.

savsender.nds runs just fine. It connects to the AP at first, then tells me to insert a DS cart. I do that, and it recognizes the save type and size, and asks me to hit A. I do that, it reads the save, and tries to connect to the AP again (I've also ran nc.exe at this point already, it's running on my pc). It sits for about a minute, and says "Error!". Hitting A again repeats this process. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

edit: Just thought I'd also mention that I've ran other homebrew apps that are online. I've used the Opera browser, DSAIM, IRCDS, and DSO. They have all worked fine.

gbatempedit: using savreceiver, it runs fine, and it takes the ip and port fine, but it just says, "Listening Port", after I hit download and go through the dialog boxes.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just an update:

I'm an idiot.

I had to buy a new router, because my old one bit the dust. Well, my stupid self never set up my DS (or the Wii, for that matter), to work with it. So, after I switched to WEP (for the DS), and setting it to mixed mode, everything went through as it should. Sheesh, I feel like an expert on the situation now, seeing as how I tried everything I could before doing the obvious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong