Hacking Savlib.dat 1024KB for ZELDA US + EU

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello...

Just replace the savlib.dat by this one...

Tested and okay

Savlib.dat 1024KB for ZELDA US + EU

gbasp.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is nothing wrong with the old one,if i were you play safe and make 2 saves(1mb and 512kb)also why bother making topic?you could've just posted in the infolib updates

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The 0x00 and no 1024 for the EU Zelda...

otherwise No problem

wink.gif

P.S can you explain to everyone why its necessary to have a 1024 siz for the sav file?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bitonio6 said:
The 0x00 and no 1024 for the EU Zelda...

otherwise No problem

wink.gif

P.S can you explain to everyone why its necessary to have a 1024 siz for the sav file?
Sorry, just added (E) version. My save file created with AKAIO was padded with 0x00 so I assumed that was what it needed. Now changed it to 0xFF. This was my first attempt at updating the savlib so all advice is welcome.

QUOTEP.S can you explain to everyone why its necessary to have a 1024 siz for the sav file?
The release info states that the game requires an 8Mb save file (8 megabits = 1024 kilobytes). Many people using a 512 kilobyte save file have had corrupted save data during the latter half of the game causing them to lose ALL their progress.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If it's not too much to ask, could anyone please edit my 512KB savefile and turn it into 1MB? I've already finished to game with no problems, but I fear it may get corrupted.

*link removed because I managed to figure out how to do it*

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Before someone asks: Yes, I downloaded the savlib.dat from the link TC posted.

huy23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can I use a program to convert a 512KB to 1MB file save? cause I have that program and I used it to do the trick with Pokemon Platinum and Heartgold (don't remember if it is HG or KH358/2) and everything seems to be fine

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the thing is that this savlib.dat for lzst isn't really necessary for some/all FC, cause i'm using the R4+YSmenu with clean rom and i just cleared all the temples and had no problem with saves atm.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when i use the new savlib.dat my original save file gets overwritten instead of updated. i have an original dstt withe the unofficial menu. is there a way to keep my save file?

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, could you possibly convert my 512 KB save to 1MB? I think its because I'm using an R4 with YSmenu; when I put in the new savlib.dat (2ch updated theirs too, I tried both yours and theirs) my save file just stays as 512KB. When I use the converter that bitonio mentioned, I get a 1MB save file but when I start up the game it overwrites my save, so I lose all my progress.
I also tried another 512KB -> 1MB save converter that I had from before which worked with platinum. Same result as the converter bitonio mentioned.

Help? =] My save's been fine till now, but I'm paranoid. Up to the final Spirit Tower encounter, after all the temples. I will PM my save to you, if you agree to help.

EDIT: Also, if I delete the save file altogether YSmenu generates a 1MB save file.

Thanks!
smile.gif

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
kudos to you bitonio! It worked. For anyone else who needs to convert their 512KB save file to 1MB without losing their progress, I can recommend the zelda savetool.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"