Hacking saving problems

bravosix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Ive been reading this forum for a few days, and I really like what I read. I just am having issues with saved games on the N-card. I ended up buying the n-card from one of my buddies. I cleared it, and updated and reformatted like i was reading I should do. Im currently running 2.55 and 1.45. So here is my big problems.

When i go to play a game, it usually loads and plays fine, most asking if I want to save and so on. After I shut it off, I can't find my save game, and it plays like I just added the rom (like a new game.) After trying a few things, I went into the usb mode, and every game I try creates a .SAV file. Why cant i use that file?
blink.gif

When I go to load up a game it will say save loading/save updating, but when i play nothing. I haven't been able to save (or think) anything.

If someone could help me out, and or guide me so I can save and continue games rather than starting over.
hate2.gif

Thanks!!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like your save battery's dead. There's no real solution to this, other than to break open the slot-1 card and replace the battery, but I haven't found a feasible way to open it up yet. The only other thing you can do short of buying a new card is to soft reset out of your game before turning off the DS.

The problem with a dead save battery is that it can't hold a save if the DS is powered off for more than a couple seconds. It know which game was last played so it simply writes a (presumably) blank save file. Soft-resetting is a workaround because you go back to the menu- and thus write the save- without powering off your DS.

Hope this helps.

bravosix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I think Ive tried to soft reset and it like still wont save, but i could be wrong. I might have to try to open it, but does anyone know what kind of "battery" they use? It is even replaceable? I guess im willing to try anything, because ill most likely have to order something else anyways .

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what the battery is; I do know that most flashcarts use something similar to a watch battery, so if the battery inside isn't labeled or anything Google the dimensions and see what you find. It should be fairly easy to find a replacement but I'm willing to bet the battery is soldered on to the cart. I'd recommend simply buying another cart if you can afford it; I do love my N-Card but they're just too riddled with problems.

OrcMonkey©

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireEmblemGuy said:
I'm not sure what the battery is; I do know that most flashcarts use something similar to a watch battery, so if the battery inside isn't labeled or anything Google the dimensions and see what you find. It should be fairly easy to find a replacement but I'm willing to bet the battery is soldered on to the cart. I'd recommend simply buying another cart if you can afford it; I do love my N-Card but they're just too riddled with problems.
I reccomend it too

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to have to bring this off-topic, but you do realize that pretty much every post you've made in the last hour or two is utter spam, right? It really annoys me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one bothered by it.

bravosix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well thanks. I couldnt really figure out how to open the card. So I guess ill get a different one. I might go with a m3 ds real because thats what my buddy uses, and if i went with another ncard i dont want the battery to die.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1