Saving games on blue gateway (r4i)?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by james7344, Oct 25, 2013.

1. james7344
    OP

james7344 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2013
    United States
    I can't seem to find how to get games to save on the blue gateway. I have, for instance, Pokemon black version 2 and it doesn't even have a bottom screen (just in blue) and brings up no backpack when I press start. I just played an hour and realized I can't save.

My 3ds is 4.4 and I have a few different ROMs on the cart but can't save :(

2. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried any other games? Pokemon has AP protection so it's likely that it's only a problem with Black and White.

3. james7344
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2013
    United States
    It said patched when I downloaded it. And yes,I have also played touch detective 2 1/2 and hotel dusk for a split minute (didn't like it at all) but like I said, pokemon black version 2 worked. I got to beat the first gym leader, just no menu. Is that the AP?

4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Well, for one, Pokémon is meant to have the bottom screen completely blue until after you obtain the first badge.
    Secundo, it's X to bring up the menu, not Start.

5. james7344
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2013
    United States
    Mother flacker. So I just needed to play for like 2 more minutes and press X?

And saving is just like a normal cart (for my part) and doesn't require home close or anything like the red cart?