Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

Hi,
I'd like to know if there is any possibility of "forcing" the wii to copy a save of a game you've never played with before, i mean, if the save doesn't already exist in your wii memory, then even SaveGame Manager doesn't want to install it. The reason why i want this is simple enough: i have wii fit PAL and wii fit Plus ntsc. i want wii fit plus to used my wii fit datas, but it doesn't recognize the previous version cause it's PAL. i transformed it following tutorials, and downloading an ntsc wii fit saved game. but i can't copy the new wii fit ntsc save either directly from sd to wii (wii says " you must first play this game in order to copy the data" ) or with SaveGame manager cause the "install" button doesn't even appear...
hope I made myself clear? (it's kind of difficult to state everything sometimes ;) )
I'll try to help: If you're playing games from different regions I guess you're using backups, why don't you download the game in the version you need to use the save you want? That's the simplest solution (In my opinion). I think there are System Menu hacks to override the "you must first play this game in order to copy the data" message but, I'm NOT 100% sure of this because everyone says it's impossible or too dangerous even to try.

APyroli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not playing with backups actually, I was living in france before, and I now live in South America that's why i have 2 regions ^^
then I've been thinking about buying (i have a 128Ko/s conexion, don't even think about downloading...) the wii fit NTSC, but it just seems an expensive way to create a save... well, if there's no other solution, i guess i'll just have to give up on it.
Unless someone who happened to have the 2 games can do the save transfer for me...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I updated to r115 I'm having problems to install Epic Mickey save, I downloaded a save from wiisave.com (through savegame), I installed it (picking the stored icon) and selecting install.
I had the Epic Mickey save beforehand, but the NEW save looks to be corrupted, because it's not checked by the game, in fact the game promt me to create a new game save.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I updated to r115 I'm having problems to install Epic Mickey save, I downloaded a save from wiisave.com (through savegame), I installed it (picking the stored icon) and selecting install.
I had the Epic Mickey save beforehand, but the NEW save looks to be corrupted, because it's not checked by the game, in fact the game promt me to create a new game save.

Probably an issue with the save? try a different one

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
According a guy in wiisave.com page, the save is working, it's a .rar and contains:
banner.bin
save0.dat
save1.dat
save2.dat

There's any way to convert those to the "data.bin"?

Thanks!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hello people,

i've just changed some things in the way of saves management to add future possible nand emulated support
i need some testers to validate changes before a public release

contact me on irc channel:
/server -m irc.abjects.net -j #SaveGame_Manager_GX

thx for your help
;)

@OriginalHamster:
which cios are you using to load your game?
try with a cios249.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using cIOS249, it seems the guy that upload the save made it in a format that I can't convert into data.bin =/
Any idea what are those:
banner.bin
save0.dat
save1.dat
save2.dat
?

You could use FE100 save unpacker/packer and the latest one that I know is v0.3 (see http://www.wiidewii....ad.php?29,15141). I would suggest to use your virtual or emulated NAND first to test installing the created data.bin before using it with the real NAND.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Revision 116 avalaible:

Download here: R116.dol

r116:

* Removed all functions related to the "index.sgmgx" file (perhaps a future emulated nand saves support...)
* Fixed ExtractAllMiis() code dump.
* Fixed GameTDB url.

Enjoy!!!
:yaywii:

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Revision 116 avalaible:

Download here: R116.dol

r116:

* Removed all functions related to the "index.sgmgx" file (perhaps a future emulated nand saves support...)
* Fixed ExtractAllMiis() code dump.
* Fixed GameTDB url.

Enjoy!!!
:yaywii:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
So much thanks for that modify, now i can extract without any problem data from emuNAND and prepare folder for SaveGameManagerGX: http://gbatemp.net/t...65-save-finder/

THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!! THANKS!!!!

but if you will make possibile to do it direct form your prgram... is better and I'll put in the trash my prgogram!!

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thx for language files guys ;)

@ actar:
if you want to help me to implement this feature in my app, just contact me by PM or on my irc.
Thanks.. but really, I think that I'm NOT able to help you:
- Debug a console program for a PC is very simple (and it's very easy to test).. with homebrew I'm know that is so much difficoult.
- I'm not able to crate a GUI for Win...
- Also I look SaveGame Manger code... too hard for me in so much points. :blink:

If you want I can give you the source file (but first i must add some message for you in code for explain the functions).

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a slight problem with the Savegame Manager GX: The application doesn't show me all the savegames (only 5 saves).
I first thought it was a cIOS problem (it's been a long time since I last installed a cIOS to my Wii), so I installed a new cIOS in the 249 slot (d2x-cios v7, base IOS 58) but it didn't fix the problem.

Then, I used "Pimp my Wii 2.29" to update all my IOSes and install new ones but it didn't help either.
Then I ran the d2x-cios installer again and chose IOS 56 as base IOS instead of IOS 58. It gave me the same result.

So I'm stuck with Savegame Manager GX only showing 5 of my savegames, and I don't know why.

My system menu is at 4.3E and I'm using Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 to run the homebrew.

Is it a known issue ? Any idea on how to fix it ?

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to say that Savegame Manager GX reports these 5 saves as using "0" blocks, which is wrong (and strange). Also, it doesn't seem to have any issue reading Miis data.

EDIT2: Also forgot to say that I'm running the homebrew on a USB key, since my Wii SD card slot seems dead. I don't think it is relevant, but wanted to say it anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1