• Poll closed .

TheColonel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
my interpretation of his problem is that if the default directory is set to SaveGamePath = usb:/savegames/, for some reason the installations fail. But if he manually navigates to usb:/savegames/ (ie. not having it be the default directory) then the installations work.

By steps:
1. Start SGM GX (by default shows on the right side the contents of SaveGamePath)
2. I navigate through that list until I find the a (any) savegame
3. Select it and click on "Install"
4. The Installation finishes (very fast) and says it was sucessfully

I think that some of the elements that are used to generate the source path may not be fully set when application starts and no manual browsing is performed, so that the SaveInstall may be using a non-existing path (maybe SD instead of USB) assuming the default value for that path instead of the custom one I have in my config file, thus installing a "non existing" path corrupting/deleting the NAND save.

// Generate device path //
snprintf(devpath, sizeof(devpath), "%s%s%s", navinfo.CurrentDevice, browserD.dir, browserDevice[selected].filename);

Maybe adding some checks like see if file in path actually exists before advancing ?

I think this is corroborated this by going to the "parent" directory of the initial listing and instead of displaying me the contents of "usb:/" as expected it shows "sd:/" instead.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
ok thanks guys
will have a look to this problem
wink.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Revision 93 avalaible:

Download here: R093.dol

r93:

* Completely changed the SettingMenu in Class
* Rewrote Language & File Select prompts in the same way of Custom Path Select prompt
* Rewrote HomeMenu in Class
* Added app_booter sources to branches

Enjoy!!!
yaywii.gif

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
much appreciation for this app and update
smile.gif
makes things so much easier then the silly default way the wii does it. Lets hope the 'wii 2' has profiles so we dont have to worry about kids deleting each others saves :|

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Revision 94 avalaible:

Download here: R094.dol

r94:

* Increased compile warning output with -Wextra and fixed all remaining compile warnings
* libzip, libfat & libpngu are now included in the precompiled required libogc instead of sources
* Removed libisfs from sources
* Added some libraries sources to branches
* Sources sort and clean

Enjoy!!!
yaywii.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of curiosity: Does Savegame Manager GX work with HW_AHBPROT yet, or does it need a cIOS still? If it still needs a cIOS, are there plans to use HW_AHBPROT in future?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's about USB support via IOS58 & HW_AHBPROT. I am talking about removing the need for cIOS by using HW_AHBPROT for NAND access to dump the saves.

gpooj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried a few versions of this, and I'm using r94 installed from HBB now with the latest system menu updates.

Right on launch I've always gotten the same error message "can't get save list". I may be paraphrasing...
Anyway, your option is only "OK", but there is no way to click it, or press A, or do anything (reset or power). So I have to hold power till it's off, then power back up.

.....anyway, I've looked at the zero documentation, and there's really nothing to be said for that error. What am I supposed to be doing to make this thing work?

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
gpooj said:
I've tried a few versions of this, and I'm using r94 installed from HBB now with the latest system menu updates.

Right on launch I've always gotten the same error message "can't get save list". I may be paraphrasing...
Anyway, your option is only "OK", but there is no way to click it, or press A, or do anything (reset or power). So I have to hold power till it's off, then power back up.

.....anyway, I've looked at the zero documentation, and there's really nothing to be said for that error. What am I supposed to be doing to make this thing work?
have you installed a cIOS249?

gpooj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah... ok, so now that I finally know what I cIOS is, I guess I'll be waiting till it doesn't need it like the people above me.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night