Hacking Savegame Extractor/installer....

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I have just got the savegame extractor/installer tools, but I can't use them with my backups.

I see that apparently, it doesn't work with backups uless you have a modchip....

Is it true if I install softmii, that it will allow me to use the savegame tools without a modchip? Or do I have no choice but to shell out 70 bucks for one if I want to use these tools?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
There are two ways to accomplish this thing

1. Use rebooters, menu patcher or backup launcher's rebooter options

2. Use normal data.bin files and unpack/pack them using tachtig&twintig under linux, and FE100 under windows...

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiCrazy said:

2. Use normal data.bin files and unpack/pack them using tachtig&twintig under linux, and FE100 under windows...

Just a question is there any bugs with FE100 apart the save game icon not animated?
Oh and hear is the link if you didn't find it Schlupi: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1640778

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
computerboy said:
WiiCrazy said:

Just a question is there any bugs with FE100 apart the save game icon not animated?
Oh and hear is the link if you didn't find it Schlupi: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1640778

Well I have been told it had issues with a few games but otherwise no... These days it has not much use, I guess it's used mainly by those people using dolphin gamecube/wii emulator. Since some have no wii it's easier for them to use the unpacker for the data.bin saves...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!

also, it says I need to 'get stuff from interwebz' in the thing to use the "keygrabber".

my home computer (I'm a a library right now, lol) doesn't have internet, nor does my wii.

...Ok, nevermind, read even more, and I see that I do need internet for the keygrabber...

*sigh* I'll just have to deal with not being able to do it. thanks for your help anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: