Savegame Bann ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by KOALAaufPILLEN, Apr 29, 2019.

1. KOALAaufPILLEN
    OP

KOALAaufPILLEN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Germany
    Hy guys,

I just wanne be sure not banning my vanilla switch. At 8.0 there is a feature included to import and even export savegames to another switch. Of Sxos managed to update to 8.0 is it possible to use this feature and not be banned ? In the history of banns i know you can get banned for using homebrew. But what with just a Hacked Savedata that is transferred via Nintendos internal Service? Will the savegames be flagged as hacked and you are banned ?

Thx for help

2. Tilde88

Tilde88 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Yes.

KOALAaufPILLEN likes this.
  3. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    You don't gona be banned for homebrew if you didn't run it before on this Switch, but you still can recive ban for cheating

KOALAaufPILLEN likes this.
  4. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    I used a savegame for singleplayer use only and haven't banned yet up to this day. Using another savegame for mp or using yours for hacking will easily get you detected and banned though.

username23bob and KOALAaufPILLEN like this.
  5. KOALAaufPILLEN
    OP

KOALAaufPILLEN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Germany
    Okay that means singleplayer = save ? multiplayer = bann (obviously)

6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I think they banned people for using fully opened savefiles for Smash.

7. invwar

invwar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    Singapore
    It should be quite complicated to scan a savegame for hacks, especially if they are not obvious. So, if (not sure at least for EU law) they scan the savegame data, then only for the real obvious and popular titles. Like in Smash savegame has < 10h runtime, but everything is unlocked or the savegame has the exact hash as an already banned one.
    But for single player games, I seriously doubt it, as it could easily create false positives = court case. Especially with their copy function they would create many problematic cases, where also unexperienced users could accidently harmed, beside the Switch you copy to has no other sign of homebrew use.
    But no guarantee, just common sense.

8. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    transfering saves from one system to another using the offical save tranfer feature?

If you haven’t tampered with the saves at all I don’t see why you’d get banned :P

9. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    The official save transfer feature don't require Ninty accounts and go online for the transfer?

10. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Dunno, havent used it.