Apple Save your SHSH's for 4.2b3

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i already saved my shsh with the tool "tinyumbrella", is this the same?

edit: ok in cydia i can see that 4.2b3 is saved.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand: How will having 4.2 blobs help with an untethered jailbreak? Surely all that does is allow you to install 4.2 when Apple release a newer firmware? Why would that allow untethered jailbreak on 4.2 now? I guess I am missing something....

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Possibly something to do with how they are implementing the 4.2 untethering exploit.

Well, I think thats kinda obvious
tongue.gif

QUOTE(alidsl @ Nov 8 2010, 06:43 PM) You know how sn0wbreeze uses 3.1.2 SHSH's to upgrade to a jailbroken 4.1. It's like that

No I didn't know that. I don't have any iDevice, but I have a slight interest in the jailbreaking "scene". I'll try and find some info on that...Any idea how it works or anything?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I don't understand: How will having 4.2 blobs help with an untethered jailbreak? Surely all that does is allow you to install 4.2 when Apple release a newer firmware? Why would that allow untethered jailbreak on 4.2 now? I guess I am missing something....
4.2b3 is still susceptible to comex's untethered exploit. I believe their intentions are to recycle the exploit, to avoid sharing new stuff with Apple.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mhhmmr...
:/

Gives me an error:
The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an exception.

Tried thrice. (yeah, I know that that word is not a word
tongue.gif
But I like how it sounds
biggrin.gif
... Wait, it is no real word, right?)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes thrice is a word
laugh.gif
you have to have the latest version in the OP, it worked first time for me

@SifJar: it's only for iPod touch 3 that Sn0wbreeze did it

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
SifJar said:
4.2b3 is still susceptible to comex's untethered exploit. I believe their intentions are to recycle the exploit, to avoid sharing new stuff with Apple.
So they're going to make everyone downgrade to a developers only beta of a firmware, which is actually illegal to redistribute, thus meaning they would be expecting everyone to PAY to be developers so they could downgrade from official 4.2 to this beta version? Seems pretty unlikely to me...But that's the only way I can see the fact that 4.2b3 is susceptible to the exploit being used. So I doubt its that...Anyway, I guess we shall see soon enough. I though 4.2 was meant to launch yesterday (07th November)? Read that somewhere...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Dialexio said:
SifJar said:
So they're going to make everyone downgrade to a developers only beta of a firmware, which is actually illegal to redistribute, thus meaning they would be expecting everyone to PAY to be developers so they could downgrade from official 4.2 to this beta version? Seems pretty unlikely to me...But that's the only way I can see the fact that 4.2b3 is susceptible to the exploit being used. So I doubt its that...Anyway, I guess we shall see soon enough. I though 4.2 was meant to launch yesterday (07th November)? Read that somewhere...
It was but it was delayed until at least the 9th (maybe they're patching that hole mentioned by Dialexio)
In regards to the Beta version I don't think they will expect us to use the Beta software. I'm not sure how Comex's Untethered exploit works, maybe it has something to do with those blobs and keeping the ones with the exploit will allow them to sub them in instead of the patched ones and untether

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a