Hacking Save Transfer

CheckYourSix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look with the search button and it lead me to all the Flash Cart reviews so I thought I'd take a whack with a post. I am trying to locate a program that will easily allow me to transfer my saves onto my PC so I can use them whenever I choose to put that game back on my cart. I've had problems in switching back and forth often doing trial and error and I saw the program before just hadn't downloaded it. Thanks in advance.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a slot-1 device, your options are SavSender and Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool wifi version. You can also use Eepinator to send save files to DS carts, but not the other way around.

If you have a slot-2 device, you have those options plus REINMOON and full use of Eepinator.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have a slot-1 device, your options are SavSender and Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool wifi version. You can also use Eepinator to send save files to DS carts, but not the other way around.

If you have a slot-2 device, you have those options plus REINMOON and full use of Eepinator.

Could you explain the full use of Eepinator? I have an R4 and EzFlash V 3-in-1 and want to backup saves from my retail game and have utterly failed trying to do so via Wi-fi using the Nintendo USB Wi-fi connector.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I stated, you cannot use Eepinator to backup DS cartridge saves onto an R4. You can only use it to restore save files from the R4 to an official cartridge. This is because when you re-insert the R4, it doesn't reinitialize the filesystem, so you cannot write the save file to your card.

The Nintendo USB Wifi dongle cannot recognize homebrew by default. You need to install hacked drivers to turn it into a SoftAP before homebrew will work with it.

You could try looking into the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 version, made by Rudolph.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I stated, you cannot use Eepinator to backup DS cartridge saves onto an R4. You can only use it to restore save files from the R4 to an official cartridge. This is because when you re-insert the R4, it doesn't reinitialize the filesystem, so you cannot write the save file to your card.

The Nintendo USB Wifi dongle cannot recognize homebrew by default. You need to install hacked drivers to turn it into a SoftAP before homebrew will work with it.

You could try looking into the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 version, made by Rudolph.

Thanks DanTheManMS the backup tool works like a charm, by the way do I need the convert the save files to use them with the R4 when using the following settings?:
Save File Size: Auto
Rom Backup Type: Not Trim

I they need converting should I convert from RAW to R4 save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning