TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. Nie

OP Nie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    May I first say that I don't know if this is even the right forum to post this jumble of confusion in. So my apologies if it's in the wrong spot! D:

I've had my R4 for about a year now, but I use it in a way fit for someone who has only a basic understanding of its functions. Because I am one. Err anyway...I've been transferring my sav files back to their original cartridges from my SD card using Rudolph's Backup Tool; all of them went smoothly except for Cooking Mama 2 and New Super Mario Bros. After much consideration and mentoring by teh Great Googlez, I came to the realization that those two games had a smaller size of sav file. I spent a few hours giving myself a headache with hex editors, and eventually, with the help of about a dozen online tutorials, figured out how to make the files the proper size. I tested the resized files on my R4, and they work perfectly; but when I try to resave them to the original cartridge, something goes a bit funny. With all the other games, Rudolph's loading screen swould have a huge bar that said, Save Erasing... and then Save Restoring...; but with these two, all it says is Save Restoring. I'm guessing that's the problem...are they corrupt? I suppose I should also mention that I chose the Initialize Save Area option for both of these cartridges earlier on; but I'm pretty sure(not 100%?) that I also did that on a few of my other games and they still managed to resave.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Restore,