Hacking Save Problems

warmpita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have an r4 ds with a 3 in 1 ezv expansion pack for slot 2. I am also using 3in1_ExpPack_Tool aka Rudolphs Tool... but I can't seem to figure out how to get saves to work. Super Mario Advance 4 says the save file is corrupted and everything else just won't save any data when I tell it too... I have save folder in the GBA directory like it says but it isn't saving anything... anyone know what I am doing wrong?

warmpita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, if the rom won't patch... does that mean I am already able to save on it? also is there anything I have to do to before I load the game to make the save work?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Btw, if the rom won't patch... does that mean I am already able to save on it? also is there anything I have to do to before I load the game to make the save work?

If the ROM won't patch, that means it uses SRAM saves, which means it is unnecessary to patch the game.
If you need to patch it, then do so. After that, the game should be able to save.

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)