Homebrew Save Managers on N3DS unable to find Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Shadow70812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I've used JKSM, JKSMK (broken), and SVDT, all of which were unable to locate the saves for AC:NL. I believe it's because the game is cartridge based, and I think the tutorials I've reviewed were using the downloaded versions. Is there a way to transfer the save off the cartridge onto the SD? Or am I just doing it wrong.

We are currently accessing Homebrew through Freaky Forms on a cartridge, so I don't think Hot Swapping the cards would be a good idea. N3dsXL running 11.6.0-39U

Shadow70812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hot-swapping may work. Don't quote me on this though.

Try it and see.

I am really hesitant to try it, every Nintendo console I've ever messed with ran into serious problems with hot-swapping. I'd like a solid Yes or No before trying it because I'd rather not brick my Gf's DS.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What consoles have you hot-swapped?

if you try to yank a cart out of an snes, that's dumb. n64, dumb. DS, usually nags instead of going nuts. Wii, nags. Wii U, nags. 3DS, nags.

If you're in the Homebrew Launcher, it shouldn't screw anything up. It's not running off the cart for anything when you're in the HBL.

And a brick is impossible. That I can promise.

tldr the worst that could happen is it yells at you, but that shouldn't happen if you're in the launcher.

Last edited by Taffy,

Shadow70812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing with an updated JKSM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: Hot Swapping works, AC;NL works. going through the rest of the motions now.

(TERMS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIS ISSUE LATER ON!!!)
Hot swapping is removing the game cartridge from the console and replacing it with a different one.
The issue here was that after loading into HomeBrew and JKSM launched, I was unable to find my desired game because I assumed at first the game saved to the DS's SD card.

FIX: After HomeBrew loads, you can remove your entrypoint game card (in my case Freaky Forms Deluxe) and replace it with the game card you need to pull the saves off of.

Thank you @Taffy, I am new to this HomeBrew stuff, not to mention I'm not doing this for my self. My GF is trying to start hacking her AC:NL, and is not quite as techy as I am, so I'm doing all the grunty work for her.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that...