save limit?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by claudekennilol, Jan 31, 2010.

Jan 31, 2010

save limit? by claudekennilol at 6:32 AM (1,262 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know there's a limit to how many games can be in one folder, but if I have the alternate save option enabled, can I have 100 games in one folder and 100 games in another folder and it'll still be able to read all the saves (I'm assuming they all go in the same saves folder). Basically, does it stop reading saves after the 128th save, or does it know where to find it even if there are more than 128?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The 127 limit only applies to the number of ROMs the Cyclo GUI can display. You can have as many .sav files in any folder you want.

3. flameiguana

Member flameiguana that's not me

United States
    The Cyclo firmware can't view more than 128 files in a folder when browsing games, but I assume it can handle more than 128 save files in a folder, as it only accesses them when you run a game.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Basically, since you separate your saves and games, you should be able to have 255 games in one folder and 255 saves in the saves folder. RTS files add to the overall file count, so keep that in mind. 127 games + 127 saves is 254 total files. Since your saves and games are in different folders, you can effectively double your limit per folder to a max of 255.

At least in theory.

5. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    That's weird, 'cause I was only able to have 126 in the root folder, I figured the 127 was taken up by being able to read the gba folder I have.

6. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I thought the total is 128 anyway, inluding "..", which would mean only about 60-something games and saves in one folder anyway without Alt Save...although the vapour-GUI is apparently going to remove the limitation.

7. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    That sounds like what it is. 'Cause like I just said in my last post, I'm pretty sure I had 126 plus a gba folder and more after that weren't appearing. Thanks