Hacking Save Game Installer/Extractor for Backups?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Waninkoko's Savegame extractor and installor for original games and backups. It doesn' matter, you can also manage the savegames from backups in the Wii management.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
xDarkElement
So i should install it? I heard you cant use the gamma loader after you install it?

You can use the gammaloader still if you install wigators version of cIOS....
aka IOS249....

because you will still need it to launch 1 or 2 games that may not load with disc channel an also for out of region games...
-kitt050383

QUOTEYou can use Waninkoko's Savegame extractor and installor for original games and backups. It doesn' matter, you can also manage the savegames from backups in the Wii management.

You can not use Waninkoko's Savegame extractor and installer for backed up games unless you have cIOSCORPS or you have patched your system menu to permanently use IOS249....

And as for the save management in the wii animal crossing cant be oppied unless you use the rebooter function in geckoos or gamma and have it set up to remove thee copy flags... and even if you do that your left wit the type of file you cant edit yet... you have to unpack with a special tool... it's easier just to install cIOSCOPRS....

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kit should i install wiigators version of IOS? I want to be able to use just the backup loader/disc channel as normal, so i can either use the game with or without cheats. I will be able to use the save extractor then correct? Whats the difference between wiigators version vs. the CIOSCORP?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are a little confused...

You need both cioscorps and wiigators cios....

Install wigators cios it should have come with backuploader gamma....
Next do yourself a favor and run ios downgrader (ios downgrader not cios downgrader) to nake sure you have all of the proper ios's on your wii...
Then install cioscorps which can be found in the softmii package....

Now your all done you should be able to use the saved game extractor/installer without any problems and still use the backuploader for cheats/loading discs... heck now you can even load backups right through the disc channel without the loader if you wish...

just make sure you have starfall hacks/brick protection installed...
-kitt050383

What game are you using it on....
Is it animal crossing?
Love that game....
if so maybe we can trade id codes....

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, im using it for animal crossing. I have preloader installed so im pretty much safe.
What do you mean by running an ios downgrader. Why would i need to downgrade it?
Do you have a link by any chance? Thanks and appreciated :]
Edit: Im on 3.2U, if that helps.

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kit i followed your guide. Installed wiigators cios, installed the ios downgrader, but i cant install the cioscorp, it gives me the same ret=-1 error just like on the save extractor. Any clue on how to fix it?

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt downgrade my wii, it came with 3.2. My card doesnt have a fat16, its a either fat or fat32. wad manager works.
I formatted it to fat32 and it still doesnt work :[

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hasmeer as obvious, i've searched for that. Theres an animal crossing city folk editor that only opens decrypted save files. You can even use preloader to get a save file from any game, but the saves are counted as a .bin file.

I edited my above post. Wad manager works, formatted it and cioscorp still gives me the error

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and you should have read all the postings in this topic hasmeer...
also you shoud know if you have softmii installed you can't use rebooter due to the systemmenu being renamed/moved by preloader...
also... geckoos's rebooter does not give you the proper file you need to do the ACCF hacks *** (and yes i Do Know of the program) ***... so before posting please try to follow your own advice because it would of led you to this topic and if you would have read it in it's entirety you would not be looking so foolish right now... now would you??...

-kitt050383
*** oh you beat me to it but check and mate I think not... noobz lol... ***

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)