Save game data on Sneek V2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Remy SF3, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010

Save game data on Sneek V2 by Remy SF3 at 6:35 PM (2,023 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Remy SF3
    OP

Newcomer Remy SF3 Member

United States
    Hello gbatempers

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Ok here is the scenario, I have 2 Wii's. Wii A has system 3.2U with all the goods. Wii B has system 3.3U as well with all the goods. Wii A nand was used to create Sneek V2 and it had most of my good save game data. My brother used Wii A and erased all my save game data, yeah that sucks. I use my sneek on Wii B but want to know if its possible to extract save game data from my sneek nand and return it to my original wii A. I have tried savegame manager gx with no luck, and could not find anything on the sneek guides. Any help would be cool. Thanks!!

2. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i was interested in the opposite.
    i have one wii, where all the goods are on, and i want to use sneek to load games from HDD without screwing up the clean system menu in my wii.

is there a way to port my saves from my wii to sneek?

3. Remy SF3
    OP

Newcomer Remy SF3 Member

United States
    Yeah That too! Brain is slow today, even though its friday.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    did you try ShowMiiNand on your SneekA using save/restore function to get the files ?

Then use Savegame Manager on WiiA to put them back.
    attention, ShowMiiNand use a different folder structure, you will need to move the files to the correct folder's names.

Edit :
    My bad, it's only working on VC/wiiware [​IMG]

Edit 2 :
    Through your OS explorer, check the nand and you can find all the save files.
    Just copy them to the folder structure that Savegame Manager use, and copy back to your WiiA using it.
    Note that if you formated WiiA, you need to insert/play the game at least 1 time.

5. Remy SF3
    OP

Newcomer Remy SF3 Member

United States
    Phew!! Thought i was going crazy looking but no luck.

6. Remy SF3
    OP

Newcomer Remy SF3 Member

United States
    Thanks Cyan, I think I got this figured out and i will post my results. I think I can install a save game to sneek as well. It just sucks losing your good save games like Mario Galaxy and Punchout.

7. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    why not use simple FS Dumper/ a Bootmii dump and dump the whole NAND to SD/USB, then use showmiiwads/Wii to delete the unneeded channels and other content thats not needed, then you would have all your saves

8. Remy SF3
    OP

Newcomer Remy SF3 Member

United States
    Well I did try that, but it seems that Savegame Manager requires a different folder structure than the actual save game in the nand.

Example: Super Mario 64 save game is in \title0010001\4e414145\data (banner.bin, EEP NSME) in the nand, in savegame manager its in \savegames00100014e414145 (banner.bin, EEP NSME)

I was able to extract a save game from sneek nand and install it to Wii A, and also manually install a save game into sneek nand. Like Cyan stated you must have played a game just once. Now just wish Savegame manager GX had an option to choose from actual nand or an emulated one.