Gaming Save files

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I'm posting In the correct section. I wanted to know how to get my save files to transfer to a new n3ds? On my old I have reinand cfw but it got ban. So I have a new one set up and everything. But there is 2 game files I Want to transfer over to the new n3ds. That way I don't lose everything I've done. Over 200+ hours on these 2 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well assuming you have cfw on the old 3DS, download a save manager, then backup your saves, make sure you have FBI and a CIA file of the save manager it makes it easy to do things, ok, on the new 3DS get a9lh and cfw (if you haven't already) then download the same save manager, and then on your computer insert the old 3DS sd card and look for a folder called something like "save games" this is where you will copy all contents from that folder, usually a .dat file to the desktop, then copy the saves onto the new 3DS sd card, now assuming you have the game on a digital download save data managers will ask you the target title and then you will need to skid the save in the directory, however some will ask for the target title and pick the directory for you. Inject the save for each game. Now before you play these saves you need to make sure they don't have a secure value. So get save data filer then look for your title id folder then delete the secure value for each game, this will allow you to play the game with that save. Now once you've done all of that you can play

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well assuming you have cfw on the old 3DS, download a save manager, then backup your saves, make sure you have FBI and a CIA file of the save manager it makes it easy to do things, ok, on the new 3DS get a9lh and cfw (if you haven't already) then download the same save manager, and then on your computer insert the old 3DS sd card and look for a folder called something like "save games" this is where you will copy all contents from that folder, usually a .dat file to the desktop, then copy the saves onto the new 3DS sd card, now assuming you have the game on a digital download save data managers will ask you the target title and then you will need to skid the save in the directory, however some will ask for the target title and pick the directory for you. Inject the save for each game. Now before you play these saves you need to make sure they don't have a secure value. So get save data filer then look for your title id folder then delete the secure value for each game, this will allow you to play the game with that save. Now once you've done all of that you can play

Y does all of this sound confusing especially if things have to match?

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a good save manager? I could only find jk's but I don't know how to install it

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
You should be able to find a save manager anywhere really, try numerous forums, because some people might have the same issue as you.

KurtKocaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a good save manager? I could only find jk's but I don't know how to install it

Use Soundhax to install it on your other 3DS, It's a basic homebrew program, if you don't have CFW on your O3ds, It'll be fine just use that.

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the old one I have reinand and emunand. So yea I have custom on the old one.

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I downloaded the jksm and put in homebrew. When I launch it, it only gives me a target of download play. Then when I push A it goes into the funky colored screen then freeze. What am I doing wrong?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I downloaded the jksm and put in homebrew. When I launch it, it only gives me a target of download play. Then when I push A it goes into the funky colored screen then freeze. What am I doing wrong?

If you have CFW (since you mentioned CIA files), just install JKSM as a CIA. It's easier than trying to mess with the Homebrew Launcher version. And when it asks you to choose a game, that's when you use the left and right buttons on the D-pad to choose a game.

Flipnfr3ak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a CIA version? Can someone point me to it? I kept finding only the hbl one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1