Hacking Save File Problem

Lonestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok so I got the rom of Yugioh 5D's Stardust Accelerator and I played it on my No$GBA for a while until I got my DSTT. So I got my DSTT, wanted to put the save file from the No$GBA on my DSTT. It didn't work. I looked around here and converted it, got the names the same, possibly all things you can imagine, but it still didn't work. Can someone help me with this PLEASE, I REALLY want to go on with the game on my DSTT
frown.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just want to check.
You state you 'converted it' - How exactly ??
Did you just 'rename' the file or did you try out the save converter @ http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php ??

I'm afraid I don't have a 'No$GBA' but I do know that the SAV file are different format

There is also another possiblility.
It seems that Yugioh 5D's Stardust Accelerator has a 'ROM ID' of [3563] (according to DS.Rom-News) but it seems as though the DSTT firmware (1.17) only covers up to [3191] (this is only a guess - it's the highest number mentioned in their 'Firmware updates'), so it's possible that the Game ROM isn't covered (yet) by DSTT firmware & that's why you're having a problem.

I'm not sure but you may try out the 'Infolib' updates in the thread @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144076
it does state that 'The infolib.dat file is not related with game compatibility' but I guess there's no harm in trying

It seems this file currently covers games up to [3639] - I suggest that if you do try it, back up the original 'Infolib' first

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's a firmware problem. Sounds more like you want to convert a save from no$gba but you can't make it work.

Does the flashcart generate its own save file when you start the game?

Lonestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I converted it with that link.

When I start the game it generates a own save file, yes.

And I don't know how formatting works and what the benefits of it are. Also I converted about 8 times.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You say it creates it's own SAV file - so am I right that it is overwritting your converted SAV file ??
or is it creating another SAV file with a similar name ?

I'm not sure but I think DSTT is case sensitive

If game ROM is 'Stardust.nds' then the SAV must be 'Stardust.sav' & not 'stardust.SAV'

Lonestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been there, done that. The problem is, when I start the game with the save file in it (as .sav, not .SAV), it just says "New Game", no "Continue".

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ah - but did you notice I stated 'stardust.SAV' (Small 's' @ the beginning) when the game is called 'Stardust.nds' (Capital 'S' @ the beginning)
wink.gif

Anyway, to put everything you've done all together -

> You've converted your No$GBA SAV to DSTT SAV using Shuny webpage (I'm guessing your No$GBA sav still shows 'continue' within the game)
> Copied converted SAV onto DSTT & changed name to exactly the same as nds file (case sensitive & all that)
> Started 'Stardust', but do NOT get a 'SAV not found - Create one' type message (this implies that it recognises that there is already a SAV file created)
> Game starts - but 'Continue' does not show up

If so - I can only guess 1 of 2 things
1 - When converting using Shuny webpage, it's corrupting the saved info or making it unreadable by the game - so the game goes into 'Normal New game' mode
2 - The DSTT firmware isn't compatible for that particular game ROM, & you have to wait for an update on the firmware
frown.gif

The only other thing I can suggest is -
Have you tried copying the No$GBA SAV directly to the DSTT (with no convertion) ? - I betting that when you try to start the game you willget the 'No SAV found - Create ?' message since it's a different format, but you may be lucky & the DSTT may recognise it

Other than that I'm stumped
unsure.gif

Sorry I can't help any more

Edited:
I found a post @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142120, & looking @ post 5/6 it seems that the No$GBA can create SAV in 3 different formats 'Compressed'/'Uncompressed' & 'RAW' - Shuny web doesn't state what type it will accept, but maybe your No$GBA is in a format that not acceptable & that could be why it's may be getting corrupted
There is also another post here @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142230 & although it's for the R4 - it may help you

I would suggest backing up your original No$GBA SAV to pc before attempting any of this - just in case something goes wrong on the No$GBA

Lonestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is correct. I already switched the No$GBA save thingy to "Raw", but it didn't work. I'll try the methods you listed now, thanks in advance. And the first thing I did was copy'ing the No$GBA save file to the DSTT, then it didn't work, so I started googling and found out about the converters, ect.

But the funny thing is: I just loaded my game on my DSTT, using the sav it created itself, and when I opened the 'deck list list (Recipe list)' (In-game) I saw that the decks I saved were exactly the same as on my No$GBA save file, so maybe I did something.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
lol then u got it fixeD?
QUOTENot really.
I don't know the game but I've seen a couple of Yu-Gi-Oh cartoons, so I'm guessing it's a Card game with a Competition League table of sorts - with the player allowed to have a customised 'Card Pack'

What I guess Lonestar is saying is that for some reason he's customised deck of cards show up OK in game but the position in the Competition league on the No$GBA is being 'lost' (i.e he can't continue from where he left off) when he converts it for the DSTT

For all I know Lonestar could've got all the way to the Semifinal on his No$GBA - but when he converted the SAV to run on the DSTT - although he's still got his 'pack of cards' from the No$GBA, he now has to start from 'round 1' again since there's no [Continue] option only a [New Game] - & because of this he's a little annoyed that he now has to work his way back through the ranks (again) to get to where he was before the swap

Correct me if I'm wrong - 'Lonestar'

If I'm right about this - then I'll stick by no 1) of my previous guesses with Shuny convertion is corrupting the SAV somehow

Lonestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well have you ever played pokemon? Say you played pokemon, got all badges, got your pokedex all filled up, and you need to start over again.

Yes my deck of cards was saved, but I had to go through the story mode again, and unlock all the cards again. And that takes a long time, lol.

Also, I would like to know how to not-corrupt the save file, do you know any of that?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Lonestar: Sorry I've run out of ideas
frown.gif

All I can think of now is
a) If you know someone with a different flashcard - Borrow it,Try converting to that one & try it out to see if it gets corrupted (as long as it's not the same file format as the DSTT) - if it don't then convert THAT one to DSTT format & check again (perhaps a Direct 'No$GBA' to 'DSTT' SAV is the problem & by doing it indirectly MAY solve it)

I can't help with that because all I've got is an 'Acekard' & 'M3 Simply' & they use the same SAV format as the DSTTi

OR

b) Contact 'Shuny' & see if he can help (according to the Shuny forums his Email is [email protected]). He might be able to find out the problem & fix it for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk