Hacking Save file not founded

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,

Just got my DSTT, and it's working perfectly so far except for two games (so far) that I've tested: GRID and Professor Layton and the Curious Village. When I try to boot those games I get
QUOTE said:
[Rom loading failed]

savefiled not founded!

Please reset system

I've tried reformatting the card both to fat16 and fat32, still no go. What is this? The card is brand new.

I highly appreciate your help, as I would really like to try out these games -- and I thought the card had a 100% compatibility rate??

-- loathsome

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it really say "savefiled not founded" instead of "savefile not found"?

I assume you have the latest firmware?

Do you have your .nds files in a "games" folder or are they all at the root of your microSD card?

Do you have enough free space on your microSD card so that it can create save files?

-Bri

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it says "founded". I have around 3GB free space, and the roms are in a separate folder. Running the latest firmware (1.15 or whatever it is) from their website.

Thanks for your reply.
smile.gif

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All right, just tried using 1.14 - still no go. Reformatted another time, no go. Can somebody with this cart please try Grid (U)?

Update: This also happens with Tsumiki: The Infernal Tower (E)

I am highly disappointed over this card!
hate2.gif

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved:

I have no idea why, but if I rename the roms and savefiles to just one-word (lowercase) it all works perfectly fine. ("Grid (U).nds") becomes ("Grid.nds"). This is weird, because other roms like "World Ends With You, The (U).nds" works just fine.

Oh well, I guess I'll just make a habit of lowercase one-word file names. Still annoying though, and I really hope this gets fixed in the next FW update.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
it's a problem with very few roms, it's fixed by first booting the rom, and get that error screen,
then you could boot up DSOrganize (or just plug it in the PC) and you'll see that the save file will be in uppercase i.e "JUICED 2.SAV" instead of "Juiced 2.sav" just rename it into lowercase, and boot the game after that, now it'll work correctly..

I've had that problem with Contra 4 , and most lately Juiced 2 (+ some other game i don't remember)
it's not that big of a problem, and there's a solution, so i'm fine.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, yeah this happens with ROMs with filenames that have a space and are less than 8 characters long. It may also be limited to FAT16, but I'm not sure about that.

The problem is that it creates a save file with an uppercase ".SAV" extension instead of a lowercase ".sav" extension. The menu then cannot recognize the save file with the uppercase extension.

You discovered one solution: rename the .nds so that it has more than 8 characters or doesn't have any spaces.

The other solution is to rename the save file it creates so that it has a lowercase extension. This is easier said than done because often renaming the file in Windows doesn't actually rename it correctly in the file table. I believe you can use DSOrganize to rename the save file correctly.

-Bri

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, superb folks. Thanks for clearing that up.

I just name my roms "FinalFantasyVII" (using the camel case method) and I'm all good.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No need to change ROMs with longer filenames. If I'm not mistaken it only affects files that have 8 characters or fewer (not including the extension) and have a space in the filename.

In your case, if you remove the " (U)" part of your filenames, you'll only have trouble with "Contra 2" and a handful of others.

-Bri

Mrbob2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
H E L P!!

I have 4 ttds cards, i sell them to my friends you see as they dont have the net

anyways,

my mate is coming round later to pick his up.

I just tried it and i get a black screen with

{rom loading failed}

savfile not founded!

please reset system

now i know your going to say "read above about filenames etc"

but my problem is,

my 8gb card works fine in my other ttds carts!!

so it cant be the file system that making these errors

I put my main 8gb card into this and no matter what game i selected, it loaded ridge racer!

ive formatted a spare 4gb card, put on ttds menu 1.13 and ysmenu together (previously tried 1.15) and i just get this error on both menus (ys menu also fails)

the same sandisk card in another ttds cart works fine

Does this mean i have a duff card?

sigh

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
No need to hange ROMs with longer filenames. If I'm not mistaken it only affects files that have 8 characters or fewer (not including the extension) and have a space in the filename.

In your case, if you remove the " (U)" part of your filenames, you'll only have trouble with "Contra 2" and a handful of others.

-Bri

I know, I know
wink.gif
I just camel case every rom anyway, just to be on the safe side.

RedlineV46

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I would Register to express my thanks to the guy's who came up with the answers to this one
yaynds.gif

It happened to my sons DS with Fifa 09. Funny thing is, Fifa 09 worked fine for weeks and then decided it wasn't going to work any more. So changing the filename was the last thing on my mind
wacko.gif

When ever I've had a problem with the TTDS card I google for the answer and it always brings me to gbatemp
biggrin.gif

Well Done all
bow.gif

K

kaitur8

Hi, I had the exact same problem as u guys!

Fifa 09 would not load but instead say [ROM LOADING FAIL]
savfile not founded

Please reset system

But when i changed the name of the nds. file to uppercase with underscores it worked!!

this is weird because it's the exact opposite of wat some of u have said.

kennyboy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedlineV46 said:
I thought I would Register to express my thanks to the guy's who came up with the answers to this one
yaynds.gif

It happened to my sons DS with Fifa 09. Funny thing is, Fifa 09 worked fine for weeks and then decided it wasn't going to work any more. So changing the filename was the last thing on my mind
wacko.gif

When ever I've had a problem with the TTDS card I google for the answer and it always brings me to gbatemp
biggrin.gif

Well Done all
bow.gif
im having the same problem ive changed file names n still getting savfile not founded?plz help

MrZeph

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have that problem except none of my games would load I formatted, new firmware and other firmwares and nothing worked thanks for the post ill try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0