Save file error in Zelda BOTW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by korinathekoala, Mar 27, 2017.

1. korinathekoala
    OP

korinathekoala Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2017
    Brazil
    I downloaded Zelda Breath of the Wild via torrent, and it worked via Loadiine GX2(A little slow with the loadings, but it's playable) But each time I save, it says that is saved, but if I load it, it take me back to the start of the game!
    No matter how many times I save, It always go back to the start!
    What sould I do?

2. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Buy the game. That is the simplest solution.

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Do you have files in the C and U folders for BotW?

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I don't know why loadiine isn't working but that's an old way to load games.

On your PC download Wii U USB Helper. Then install it with WUP installer. You'll have the full game on your Wii U system menu and load times will be fast. Plus no save errors.

Read my noob guide if you need more info.

Arecaidian Fox and TheVinAnator like this.
  5. korinathekoala
    OP

korinathekoala Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2017
    Brazil
    what C
    Okay! Thanks!

TheVinAnator likes this.
  6. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yup totally agree here!

7. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    When you set your SD card for loadiine, you usually have folders 'apps', 'games', and 'saves'. Within the saves you need to have the title you're playing and within that, folders 'C' and 'U' to save the game.

Do you notice any files being created?

Also, for what it's worth, other users are correct about using Wii U USB helper. You'll save a lot of time (literally from not watching the game load) by having BotW on your NAND. You also don't have to worry about getting a corrupt save file, which is a giant waste of time.

8. korinathekoala
    OP

korinathekoala Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2017
    Brazil
    I am going to look about it, I'm reading the Noob Tutorial. Tomorrow I solve this.

9. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    If you're referring to reading the noob guide on Wii U Usb Helper, do it sooner. If your internet is slow, it could take a while to set everything up, but you'll be happy you did it.

If you're referring to loadiine, have a good rest.

10. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Loadiine?
    Pf

11. ghurk

ghurk Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Hi, I don't mean to revive dead threads but this is literally the only place I can find anyone mention this error anywhere on the internet.

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP except my install is on the NAND.
    The game was playing and as far as i'm aware saving just fine for hours until all of a sudden this started happening. Now saving works sporadically, i've been running around trying to test it but it's so hard to pin down.
    My own manual saves don't seem to work (the game will say progress saved and an entry is there but the thumbnail is blank and if you load it it will take you to the start of the game) and only maybe 1 in 7 of the games autosaves actually work.

Anyone got an idea of how to fix this or even diagnose?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

12. Alanoide97

Alanoide97 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2016
    Mexico
    México
    Most probably a bad download. Check integrity of the files on your PC against the torrent

13. ghurk

ghurk Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Not sure it was that. Didn't manage to get to the bottom of it. Instead I formatted my Wii U and SD card, redownloaded the game and used the v48 patch rather than v64 just in case. Full refresh.

Seems fine so far. I've lost maybe a 20-30 hour save which I did backup but i'm too afraid to restore in case it causes the issue to come back.

Alanoide97 likes this.