Hacking Save file cannot be read in emunand (USB Loader GX + neek2o)

FFVersusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB Loader GX v3.0 r1260 and made my neek2o using ModMii 6.3.9. I have done 2 methods to transfer my savefiles to the emunand:

1. Backed up real nand using bootmii, used nand extractor, then backed up saves and miis using personal data manager 1.1 which I also used to transfer the same saves and miis to the emunand
  2. Used USB Loader GX's "Extract save to emunand" function but it always hangs on the "Extracting file" screen: http://i.imgur.com/XZIyS0m.jpg, tried dozens of times sometimes it hangs on a different percentage but that's it, cancel doesn't do anything so hard reset is the only option.
I have only tried this with the beatles rock band since I have my DLCs on emunand (used rudi's rb&gh dlc tool since music shop is closed down). So the main problem is, if I play TB:RB on emunand, I have access to the DLCs but not my save so I have to start the story all over again. If I play it on real nand I can't play the DLCs but my progress is still there.

As much as possible I want to launch all my games in 1 interface so is there a way to access these DLCs when I launch the game from real nand instead of starting emunand everytime? If not then launching neek2o everytime is not that bad I guess.

EDIT: I forgot to add, when launching TB:RB on emunand it says "Save file cannot be read" or something like "the path isn't there anymore"(?) Sorry I can't recheck right now. Then it proceeds to create new save.

Thanks

Last edited by FFVersusXIII,

FFVersusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solved, I used save manager gx and launched it through hbc then extracted the save on sd, then I launched it again through the emulated nand (uniiloader), browsed my sd then installed the extracted save. I also had to create a save on the emunand first so it could install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1