ROM Hack Save Editing Megathread

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have or know where to get a 400% (200% in original Wii U mode and 200% for Funky Kong mode) complete savefile with that for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze?

I have 2 switches, 1 legit, 1 hacked. I have a 400% save for DKCTF on my legit one, took me about 160 hours to play through back in May this year before SX Pro was released. I would really love to bring it over to my hacked 1, but I can’t get my save off the legit one. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Aroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does anyone have or know where to get a 400% (200% in original Wii U mode and 200% for Funky Kong mode) complete savefile with that for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze?

I have 2 switches, 1 legit, 1 hacked. I have a 400% save for DKCTF on my legit one, took me about 160 hours to play through back in May this year before SX Pro was released. I would really love to bring it over to my hacked 1, but I can’t get my save off the legit one. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.
Question to you, on what firmware is your hacked switch?

The Legit one should be on 5.0.2, and since you're using SX OS, there is no reason to not update, so it should be also on 5.0.2.

This means, u can boot into OFW in both switches, and just send the GameSave over (together with the complete Mii ect.) - there is a legit option for that in the Systemsettings. Once its on the hacked switch, just make a backup of your save, and send everything legit back.

On your legit Switch will be only logs from Sending and then Receiving a Mii.

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Question to you, on what firmware is your hacked switch?

Hacked is 5.0.0. Legit is 5.1.0.

just make a backup of your save, and send everything legit back.

I thought of this option... the thing is, my hacked Switch isn’t even connected to WiFi, because I’m trying to be as safe as possible. In order to the user profile transfer, I’d need to connect them both to the same WiFi. But also, wouldn’t it be bad for my user profile to go on a hacked console? I’ve got 2,200+ hours for Splatoon 2, I don’t want anything to happen it, maybe I’m being too careful?

Last edited by wizra,

Aroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I thought of this option... the thing is, my hacked Switch isn’t even connected to WiFi, because I’m trying to be as safe as possible. In order to the user profile transfer, I’d need to connect them both to the same WiFi. But also, wouldn’t it be bad for my user profile to go on a hacked console? I’ve got 2,200+ hours for Splatoon 2, I don’t want anything to happen it, maybe I’m being too careful?

If you boot into OFW, and only transfer the mii, and then go offline again, it should be ok.But you're right, after doing that, nintendo would theoreticly be able to link both your switches to you, and in case a banwave comes, they could ban both. I would say its unlikly to happen, but never say never.

Without that, your only hope is that someone uploades their saveFile

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of member here has DKC: Tropical Freeze save with story mode completed in Funky Mode only.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i just want to add small piece of advice if you want to find the value yourself,

you don't need to convert the numbers and search in hexa value, just try to search in "integer number" in HxD and it will find the value in hexa reversed.

Reactions: Supreme23

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone please make an Arms save editor? I just want to play with friends with all arms unlocked for every character.

GayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Added Online Save Editors for RE Revelations & Pokémon Quest
Hex Editing thread for Shinning Resonance
PC/Switch cross save confirmation for Don't Starve and Dead Cells
Thanks to all of you who helped!

Reactions: phonz and Supreme23