Save Data

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by veraci_00, Sep 12, 2016.

1. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    hello. I'm trying to get tales of hearts r's save to work with henkaku. it works if I just use the cartridge, but when I install a vpk of the game (my own dump), the save doesn't work with it. I obviously can't use cma as it'll just overwrite the vpk or won't install at all due to the game being on the memory card. however, whenever I try to install the save manually (i.e. ux0:user/00/savedata/PCSB00550), the game says either the save or the file is corrupt when booting up the game. how do I fix this issue?

2. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Seems save data from retail versions of the game dont work with decrypted dumps (and saves from dumps wont work with retail versions either from the looks of things), so you will have to extractyour save while using the game cart, and then inject it back after dumping the game and installing the dump.

veraci_00 likes this.
  3. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    I managed to figure it out. I had to decrypt the save, then reencrypt it. the issue is that param.sfo to the game is different than the save. the save uses the European title id.

4. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Perhaps you could explain that in more detail...Im sure other people are as curious as I am on figuring this out.