Hacking Save Data Transfer Tool with cia

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , i have a few questions

could i use SDTT to transfer my MH4U cartridge save ( save with 6.x encryption) to a cia from the same region ?

since SDTT deletes the save after transfering , if i back up my save with gateway then transfer it with SDTT , can i restore it so that nothing happened ?

thx

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi , i have a few questions

could i use SDTT to transfer my MH4U cartridge save ( save with 6.x encryption) to a cia from the same region ?

since SDTT deletes the save after transfering , if i back up my save with gateway then transfer it with SDTT , can i restore it so that nothing happened ?

thx
I don't know about SDTT but you should be using JKSM.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use SDF (Save Data Filer) to do this. With the cart inserted you can extract the save data from it, then install it to SD card. It's a button combo it will show on the top screen specifically to install to SD card.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have already made a backup of your cart save? When do you get a the error with JK? Dumping the cart save or trying to write to the cia?

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep made a back up using gateway

i get the error when i want access the cartridge save to export it

EDIT: I reread your post and I'm not too sure how to fix that. I've never encountered errors like that trying to dump a cart save.

OG: Are you using the latest release of jksm? I'm sure you are.

Well, I would use jksm to dump your cart save and then use it to write it to the cia. Also, make sure to start the game(cia), maybe even make a character to insure that savedata is there to overwrite. Cause if there is no save data there, there is nothing for jksm to write to. I'm not too sure about with the gateway method.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, that sucks man. I wish I could help more, but I'm at loss. One last question for ya; What is your 3ds running for firmware and entrypoint?
hey feel free to ask as many questions as you want after all ur helping me

well i dont know what you mean by running for firmware and entrypoint but my sysnand is on 4.5 and emunand is on 11.1.0-34

rubycrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use cfw so this may or may not help you: when i was using JK to import saves to my games, I need to at least saved once in that game before I can import. (aka. after installing the game I need to launch the game and create at least one save in order for JK to be able to import)

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use cfw so this may or may not help you: when i was using JK to import saves to my games, I need to at least saved once in that game before I can import. (aka. after installing the game I need to launch the game and create at least one save in order for JK to be able to import)

importing a save from a cartridge ?

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess I misunderstood your post. When did you get the "error opening save archive" error on JK? Were you trying to "Export Save" in JK?

yes when trying Export Save
Doesn't Monster Hunter use ExtData instead? Have you tried dumping the ExtData option when selecting your cartridge?
yes dumped the extData to the cia and still no save transfered

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1