ROM Hack Save Data Offsets for Super Kirby Clash!

Emuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! Just like in Team Kirby Clash DX for the 3DS, it's pretty easy to edit the macro-transactions right out of the game!

Tools needed:
  • Save data manager (like Checkpoint)
  • Hex editor (like HxD)
Once you get savedata.dat into the hex editor, it's as simple as navigating to the correct offsets and changing the values to the correct hex value! One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Kirby's save data is little-endian, meaning the pairs of bytes are written smallest-to-biggest.

For example, let's say I want to change my apples bought to 5,000 for the biggest tree. Converting 5,000 to hex with Google gives me 13 88 (note how I'm separating the byte pairs). Kirby's save data is little-endian, so the hex bytes are flipped. That gives us a value of 88 13 (first pair switches places with second pair). I'll then navigate to offset 3F00 and overwrite the value there with 88 13. Repeat with whatever else you plan to fiddle with!
  • Apples bought (for the tree): Offset 3F00-03
    • 0xB80B: Level 08 tree
    • 0xA00F: Level 09 tree
    • 0x8813: Level 10 tree
  • Apples held (spendable): 3EF0-03
  • Apples acquired (achievements): 3F04-07
  • Fire Shards: Offset 3F20-03
  • Water Shards: Offset 3F24-27
  • Light Shards: Offset 3F28-2B
  • Awesomepants Shards (I forget their name): 3F2C-2F
If this is confusing for peeps, I can probably add pictures or something? Let me know if anything needs clarification!

EDIT: 5,000 apples is almost enough to buy all the codices! 100 apples short. I recommend doing this, instead of just editing your shard levels! I need something to grind, haha.
EDITEDIT: I lied, spending that many apples rewards you with more apples... you can totally buy all the codices!
EDITEDITEDIT: Holy CARP, full tree is 2k apples per harvest! Overkill, much!?
EDITEDITEDITEDIT: Here's a New Game savedata.dat with 5k gems bought! The tree unlocks as soon as you finish the first battle!

Attachments

• savedata.zip
    486 bytes · Views: 519
Last edited by Emuchu,

Emuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any pictures for the editing process btw?
Sure!
Super Kirby Clash.png

Emuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was messing with this in my save and after playing for a bit i found out you can go higher than 500 shards im thinking the cap is 999 so how would one actually do 999 in the hex editor as its confusing me
I plugged in 500 super-arbitrarily. The actual in-game counter goes up to 9999. You have to plug the number into a hex converter and flip the byte pairs. So for example: open up Calculator in Windows 10, switch to the programmer calculator. Click DEC (decimal), type 9999. The HEX field translates this to 270F, which in big end would be 00 00 27 0F. Kirby is little end, though, so you have to flip the pairs: 0F 27 00 00. You'll notice that each item actually takes up four pairs, even though we only put stuff into the first two.

THECIA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone edit my save file for me please i want the max stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey can you edit this for me to max everything except the quests i just wanna finish the quests on my own without the paywall

Attachments

• savedata.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 230

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plugged in 500 super-arbitrarily. The actual in-game counter goes up to 9999. You have to plug the number into a hex converter and flip the byte pairs. So for example: open up Calculator in Windows 10, switch to the programmer calculator. Click DEC (decimal), type 9999. The HEX field translates this to 270F, which in big end would be 00 00 27 0F. Kirby is little end, though, so you have to flip the pairs: 0F 27 00 00. You'll notice that each item actually takes up four pairs, even though we only put stuff into the first two.

The cap for apples is 99,999 and the cap for shards is 9999. You can go higher, in fact I recommend it once you unlock the final SDX upgrade because all SDX upgrades will cost you about 40,000 of each crystal, and this will save you a few trips back to your PC.

I went as high as 999,999. Once you load your game you have to go straight to the store and just buy it all up in one go because as soon as you are done it will revert back to the actual cap.

On a side note, anybody have luck finding the exp values? I only found them in live memory, and its a bit trickier there because it likes to revert back to your level because it stores that information in a multitude of different locations.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I want to know are the flags for some of the online only heroic quests like "connect to the eshop through the settings" or "use x amount of passwords." Basically the things that block you from getting 100% in offline only. I can't connect online and I don't have a subscription, so these will always be impossible for me to do.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 99.99% completed save file. If I upload it later today, can somebody do the quest for connect to eshop and use a password? After that, the "complete all heroic quests" will be done. The only thing I ask it to show screenshots of the text that shows up when you 100% the game. I want to live vicariously through you!

https://gbatemp.net/download/super-kirby-clash-99-save-file.36143/

Last edited by GameSystem,

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 99.99% completed save file. If I upload it later today, can somebody do the quest for connect to eshop and use a password? After that, the "complete all heroic quests" will be done. The only thing I ask it to show screenshots of the text that shows up when you 100% the game. I want to live vicariously through you!

https://gbatemp.net/download/super-kirby-clash-99-save-file.36143/

You don't have to actually do it legit. I just went into your game save and popped them that way. Here is your save now 100% :lol:

If you ever need help finding them yourself (or if somebody else just wants to use their save) here are the addresses. If you look and see where all the 04s are you'll notice 3 of them are 01. Those are the addresses for those specific hero medals. (0x3A3C, 0x3A44, 0x3AA4).

Change them to 04 and you will have those medals.

Kirby Hero Snip.JPG

Attachments

• savedata.zip
    2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by Lionheartwolf,
Reactions: GameSystem

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to actually do it legit. I just went into your game save and popped them that way. Here is your save now 100% :lol:

If you ever need help finding them yourself (or if somebody else just wants to use their save here are the addresses. If you look and see where all the 04s are you'll notice 3 of them are 01. Those are the addresses for those specific hero medals. (0x3A3C, 0x3A44, 0x3AA4).

Change them to 04 and you will have those medals.

View attachment 179307
I'm going to assume the last 01 is the "Complete all Heroic Missions," so I'll go ahead and edit that one into a 01 so that as soon as I boot the game, it'll proc and then turn complete to see if you get some kind of message for 100%.
Or someone else can just screen cap it for me. I already uninstalled Kirby to make room for DQXI, haha.

EDIT: The pull was too great. I edited 3AA4 back to 01 and as soon as I started the game I got the 100%. I lived for this moment!

2019091312014100-0DB172DD733179C0091C3FD49201B5AA.jpg
2019091312015000-0DB172DD733179C0091C3FD49201B5AA.jpg

In case people are wondering, you also get a special screen for getting platinum rank on all quests and you also get a message for getting to level 100. If you edit to that point, you won't see it, so get to lvl 99 with 1 exp to go and then all platinum medals but 1 or something.

Last edited by GameSystem,
Reactions: Stardust3033

ChorusKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone really cares anymore, but I found the offsets for total EXP.
0000134x - 0c-0f
0000135x - 0c-0f
0000136x - 0c-0f
0000137x - 0c-0f

not sure which goes to which class/party member, but if you set them all to the same number the game will set your level accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2