Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
is there a i could get some skylander saves? really want to pay those games but i dont want to get the toys
Sadly it doesn't work like that. The figure works on an NFC/RFID much likely like the Smash figurines. For the consoles your figure must remain on the console portal at all times for the progress to be saved, the exception for the 3DS is that, the data is temporarily saved to the game and the progress is only recorded when you tap the figurine again and write the data to it. Plus I hear the max level for each figurine is 10.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a different between character save and game save? i dont care about the character stats, as long as i can actually play the game

Felipe Stona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not tried, but theoretically, yes!
theoretically don't serve me =/

I did. And yes it works. I haven't tried physical to physical but I've tried physical to digital and it works. Played a friend's dream drop distance, extracted the save and imported it to my SKY3DS. Since sky3ds is sort of a physical cartridge, I guess you could say it was physical to physical? Sort of.

i think that's help a little.
I am a collector, and like my games with my save, and do not want to play twice some titles I don't have yet.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
theoretically don't serve me =/

i think that's help a little.
I am a collector, and like my games with my save, and do not want to play twice some titles I don't have yet.
Just make sure that you group your backup into folder. If you write a wrong save to a game you might just corrupt your save or worse. Also the way it works is, you can only write a save when the save data is already created. What it means is, when you buy a new game you can't write the save to it just yet. You need to make a dummy save file so the game generates a save directory, then you can restore the save file.
is there a different between character save and game save? i dont care about the character stats, as long as i can actually play the game
Well you won't be able to progress is one thing. You could get so far into a game but the game has an auto save feature. For one once you start playing you won't be able to exit out or something since you need to save your progress to your figure your game progress will be saved but your character progress won't. I don't know how hard these games are or how easy it is to grind for levels, but you could probably request from 3DSISO for some game saves for it if it works another way.

rendertheg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble here and I wonder if you guys can help me out its very simple .. if you can help I would really appreciate it
1. the file is not showing up in my homebrew don't really know why.
2. I don't know if this the area I should post this but my homebrew wont add any new files its seem like it wont update the file to show on the channel
any help again would be appreciated ty :yaynds:

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a bit of trouble here and I wonder if you guys can help me out its very simple .. if you can help I would really appreciate it
1. the file is not showing up in my homebrew don't really know why.
2. I don't know if this the area I should post this but my homebrew wont add any new files its seem like it wont update the file to show on the channel
any help again would be appreciated ty :yaynds:

Make sure that the apps are in SD:/3ds/[folder]. Also make sure that the folder name matches the .3dsx name.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what this means?

y7euv8u.jpg

I edited the Homebrew Menu so that it didn't filter out system titles and compiled it. I'm still trying to edit my activity log per the other couple threads I've made on the topic.

The above picture happens right after pressing A at this screen:

6krUXMh.jpg

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

y7euv8u.jpg

I edited the Homebrew Menu so that it didn't filter out system titles and compiled it. I'm still trying to edit my activity log per the other couple threads I've made on the topic.

6krUXMh.jpg
svdt just needs a folder on root called "svdt", but save data manager needs "savedatabackup" folder if this helps. Until I added the folder manually it did the same thing to me.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt just needs a folder on root called "svdt", but save data manager needs "savedatabackup" folder if this helps. Until I added the folder manually it did the same thing to me.

I tried making both a svdt and savedatabackup on the root, still get that error. Going to try now with a non-system title to see what happens...

Edit: tried two games, one's a retail downloaded from eShop and one's an eShop only, both just crashed the 3DS several times... top screen black, bottom screen red.

What gives?

Last edited by drfsupercenter,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
ok ty for your help but now I get the black glitch screen of the death any help with that?
The Black Glitch Screen of the Death!
:D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

y7euv8u.jpg

6krUXMh.jpg
Ninjhax 2.0/Ironhax/Tubehax/Browserhax/Themehax/OotHax/Smashbroshax can't access savedata stored on the NAND. The Activity Log's save data is stored in the NAND.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax 2.0/Ironhax/Tubehax/Browserhax/Themehax/OotHax/Smashbroshax can't access savedata stored on the NAND. The Activity Log's save data is stored in the NAND.

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Theoretically, this could be compiled as a .3ds or .cia though, right? I can load it using Gateway and that would give it kernel access which should let it access the savedata.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So why am I getting that black screen error? The "can't access" thing.
Possible reason 1: Do you have the updated boot.3dsx from.. well quite a long while back?
Possible reason 2: Did you select your game rather than the System Settings app (use left+right Dpad to select)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!